Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

Is the E5-4620 processor considered multichip or single chip for Oracle licensing purposes

DShie
Beginner

I am trying to determine if our E5-4620 (Version 0) procs would be considered Multichip (MCM) or single chip by Oracle.

Thank you,

Dave

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team, dshields77. I will be more than glad to assist you further.

Allow me to double check if this information is available, once I have an update, I will let you know.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
DShie
Beginner

Thank you Antony, I look forward to your reply. There has been a lot of difficulty understanding the licensing around Intel processors and Oracle but the best we can tell is it seems related to whether or not the processor is single chip or multi-chip module (MCM).

Thank you,

Dave

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, dshields77.

Allow me to share with you that this is a single die processor, therefore, it will be detected as a single processor socket. The https://ark.intel.com/products/64607/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-4620-16M-Cache-2_20-GHz-7_20-GTs-Intel-QPI Technical Specifications of this processor does not mention this processor as a multi-chip module.Furthermore, it seems that that is what is Oracle* taking into consideration on their licensing.

Antony S.
0 Kudos