Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel DPST on AC plugged in - Celeron N2830

PŁepk
Beginner

Hello,

How to disable "intel power saving technology" for ac mode in my Lenovo G50-30(Celeron N2830). In my power manager i can disable this technology only for battery mode - there is no option for disabling DPST while power adapter is plugged in.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Pawel.Lepko

Thank you for joining the community.

The Intel® power saving technology is used only when the laptop is not plug-in; when the laptop is plug-in is automatically disabled since there is no need to save energy, could you provide us more inside on the situation you are having?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
PŁepk
Beginner

Thank you for your answer. When the power supply is plugged in, the laptop screen flickers - it looks as if every 1/10 of a second the screen changed brightness, say about 3% - it is a very subtle change but very visible on a white background. On some forums I read that some users have a problem with switching off "DPST" when the power supply is connected and disable this technology by disabling the "Sensor Monitoring Service" service. If the "DPST" technology is not responsible for my problem, it means that I probably have a hardware problem.

0 Kudos
PŁepk
Beginner

At the following link I found interesting information:

https://superuser.com/questions/540335/laptop-monitor-brightness-changes-depending-on-image-displayed

quotes:

"

The answer is correct but unfortunately unhelpful for when your laptop is plugged in, as Intel doesn't allow you to change the setting for AC power. Here's something else to try.

The registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000 should have a value named DCUserPreferencePolicy.

Contrary to its name, it seems to affect the AC behavior as well.

"

0 Kudos