Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Detecting a landing station

AObai1
Beginner

Hi,

I am working on a school project to detect a landing station and land on it successfully. My station will be a rectangle of a specific color, so I am using the R200 real sense camera to filter for the largest rectangular object of a certain color, find its center, and then compute the x,y,z coordinates of it. The R200 camera is only forward facing which is problematic when I am directly above my landing station, and the bottom facing camera is black/white which will not be very helpful, is there any solution around that ?

Also, how do I access the frames from the bottom facing camera using python if I want to do some image processing on them ?

Finally, there is a movable 'camera' that is under R200 camera. I did not find anyone talking about using it, do we have access to that ? Is that even a camera ?

Thank you,

Abdullah Al Obaidi

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There is not a movable camera under the R200. I wonder if what you are seeing is the removable magnetic plate. This covers up a magnet that can be used to attach the camera to a surface such as a monitor so that it can be mounted in place magnetically. If you are not going to mount the camera then the plate can just be left in place.

Last year, Intel released a 3D-printing project for downward-mounting the R200. It is meant for the caseless circuit board version of the R200 in Intel's "Vision Accessory Kit", but the principles may be adaptable for your project if you plan to use the regular cased USB R200.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Intel-Aero-Drone-Downward-Facing-RealSense-Camera/ Intel Aero Drone - Downward Facing RealSense Camera: 5 Steps (with Pictures)

You can find out more about the Vision Accessory Kit iat the link below:

https://click.intel.com/intel-aero-platform-for-uavs-vision-accessory-kit.html Intel® Aero Platform for UAVs Vision Accessory Kit

Another good source of info about downward-mounting an R200 is the 'Tanked' project, where it was attached to a TV set above the area being observed.

0 Kudos