Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

ac 7260 at 7 meters 0 download speed.

abont
Beginner

hi all i finally comprobed ac 7260 is a shitof adaptor. i just buy yesterday a p55w toshiba and in my room no conection or very slowrate where my 8 years old pc never had problems. now i recognize i have to stay 4 max 5 meter arround the router in order to have some internet. so........ intel take you modern techonlogy and trash it. now i will giveback the computer and i will say all peple i know intel wifi is adisaster. you deserver your company fail up. incompetence from one multimilionaire company is unaceptable. 8 yearsof technology avences and thisis the resoult. is ashame, for people who know what shame is.....

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tvete
Valued Contributor II

You ought to try to use an 802.11ac router than 802.11g router to improve range. I get extremely close to my 100 Mbps internet subscription in 15 Meters away from router with several walls!

0 Kudos
abont
Beginner

tel me why i should spend money for an ac router when my Old pc was able to manage the distance? If the problem was fue to fisical imposibility i would agree but my phone and PC shown perfectilly is a hardware or software limitation....i don't accept that.

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

I would agree that this card is only average on 802.11g as I do get more range and far better speed in the 802.11ac radio than any of the modes. The software or maybe hardware is most optimized for 802.11ac connection. You chose the wrong device if you are connecting it to 802.11g router.

0 Kudos
abont
Beginner

is not average cause my previous was average an could work perfectly under the same conditions. The portability where is? It mean cause I choice ac card now everywhere I go I have to ask" sorry is your router AC?. No! Ok then bring it to me cause if he is in another room I can not get signal" sound so stupid! Isn't it?!

0 Kudos