Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How do I disable the RealSense 3D and just use a regular camera?

KGarc
Beginner

I'm trying to use Adobe Character Animator on my laptop, but the program conflicts with the RealSense 3D camera. How do I disable the RealSense aspect of the camera, and just use it as a regular camera?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you no longer wanted to use it as a RealSense depth sensing camera, you could probably turn it into just a webcam by going to the Imaging Devices section of the Device Manager (the drivers may also be an a 'Camera' section on some computers), then right-clicking on the RealSense 'Depth' and 'Virtual' drivers and selecting Uninstall. This would just leave the RGB driver behind. If a RealSense camera cannot function properly due to missing drivers, it tends to default to being treated as an ordinary RGB webcam by the computer.

But it might be easier - and keep your RealSense camera's full functionality - if you find your laptop screen's webcam instead in the Device Manager, right-click on it and select 'Disable' so that the laptop defaults to using the RealSense camera's RGB. You can un-disable the laptop camera at any time.

0 Kudos