Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How can I install runtime at SDK 2016 R3 and WPF?

sichi2
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I want to create a WPF application that displays color images of cameras using SR 300.

The environment is Visual Studio Community 2017, SDK is 2016 R3.

However, the following message appears and color images can not be displayed.

"Can not load DLL 'libpxccore_c': The specified module can not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"

I thought that it was probably because I did not install runtime after reading the Developer Guide.

(Actually, libpxccore_c.dll existed right under runtime\core\x64)

So I copied the runtime folder manually under bin\x64\Debug in the project folder,

but the error message did not change.

I think that probably because I could not install runtime.

What should I do?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The link below contains the full set of runtime packaging and deployment documentation links for R3. Can you check these please to ensure that you haven't missed anything?

0 Kudos
sichi2
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

The guide I saw was "Deploying SDK runtimes" on your link.

It is written in the guide as follows.

"You can simply copy the required runtime folders

to be together with your application executable using the following directory structure"

Your_app.exe

runtime

core

scan3d

I do not know where to put the rutime folder in case of WPF application.

I confirmed that there is an exe file under "\bin\x64\Debug" of my wpf project,

I put a runtime folder here but it did not change.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I researched your question deeply but was not able to find a clear answer. WPF apps have been created with RealSense in the past, though I could not find a reference guide for 2016 R3 specifically. The most recent guides were these ones from a couple of years ago:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-the-intel-realsense-sdk-to-create-hello-world-project Archived - Using the Intel® RealSense™ SDK to Create "Hello World" Project in C# /WPF | Intel® Software

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/12/28/project-template-to-develop-wpf-applications-with-vbnet-and-intel-realsense Archived - Project template to develop WPF applications with VB.NET and Intel® RealSense™ | Intel® Software

0 Kudos
sichi2
Beginner

Thank you for your research.

It seems difficult to develop RealSense with WPF.

So there is questions.

In SR 300, SDK 2016 R 3, should I use UWP if I developed RealSense using C# ?

Should I move to C ++?

I'd like to know the RealSense development environment that currently has the most developers.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If I were using the old RealSense SDKs, I would tend to avoid using '2016 R3' personally and use '2016 R2' instead. This is because R2 uses the DLL library files featured in the tutorials that I linked to (the DLL filenames and locations changed in R3), so it is easier to apply the tutorials to an R2 project.

In terms of the number of people using each SDK: it is difficult to know, but if it were judged by the cases posted on this forum, R2 seems to be more widely used than R3.

Development has now ceased on the R3 SDK. Going forwards, the RealSense SDK 2.0 (which is an advanced form of Librealsense) will be the single multi-platform SDK. There is no documentation as yet for creating a WPF application for that new SDK, as far as I know.

0 Kudos
sichi2
Beginner

I will use R2.

Thank you very much for your enthusiastic response.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You are very welcome. Good luck!

0 Kudos