Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 upload issue

MPers5
Beginner

Hello

Every time I try to upload anything anywhere using my wireless connection it fails to upload and my internet connection goes down. I tried to troubleshoot it using windows 10 but it says the connection is good. I cannot even connect to any website using chrome or IE after I try to upload anything. I remove the driver and followed the instruction in https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers and i still have issues. I think the issue is the ZeroConfigService.exe but reinstalling the driver and the software should resolve this problem but that's not the case for me. Even when I try to speed test my connection using http://beta.speedtest.net/ Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test , when it gets to upload section it stays at 0 and my connection goes down and windows 10 cannot find any issues. I tried to use windows 10 driver for the wireless card instead of the intel one and still no luck. If I don't upload anything it works fine. Sometimes when I use the speedtest.net the upload works the first time but if I test it again, straight away, as soon as it gets to upload it stops working. I don't have any issues when I connect my laptop using the wired connection and I don't have any issues with any other device.I had Malwarebytes installed and I thought that was the issue so I removed it but it didn't fix the problem.

I would appreciate any suggestion to solve this annoying issue.

Thank you

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 7577

Windows 10 pro

Installed driver using: WiFi_20.10.2_PROSet64_Win10 and Intel-8265-WIFI-Driver_4C2PC_WIN_19.70.1.1_A08

ZeroConfigService.exe Stops working

Description

Faulting application name: ZeroConfigService.exe, version: 19.70.1.0, time stamp: 0x593e5078

Faulting module name: ZeroConfigService.exe, version: 19.70.1.0, time stamp: 0x593e5078

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000022b020

Faulting process id: 0xfac

Faulting application start time: 0x01d365824fe8dd02

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\ZeroConfigService.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\ZeroConfigService.exe

Report Id: c802c1a1-aa08-4637-808e-9775e81c2149

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Joveini,

We understand you're experiencing issues with your adapter dropping connection when uploading files.

Please try installing the wireless driver without any additional software using the following method:

1. Download and extract our latest IT Admin driver for your adapter: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27312 WiFi_20.10.2_Driver64_Win10.zip

2. Under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software." When prompted, choose to "discard settings."

3. Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 and uninstall it. Make sure to mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."

4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, uncheck everything else then press OK.

5. Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 again, this time choose to "Update driver software..." > Select the option to "Locate and install driver software manually." Here you will need to direct the wizard to the location where you extracted the IT Admin package back in step one.

6. Reboot your computer.

If after this the issue continues, please provide the following:

1. For documentation purposes, what is the brand and model of your wireless router/access point?

2. Please generate a WLAN Report for your system:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.

2. At the command prompt, type netsh wlan show wlanreport.

3. This will generate a wireless network report that's saved as an HTML file, generally saved to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WlanReport\"

3. Please generate an Intel® System Support Utility report as well.

1. Please download and run the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® System Support Utility.

2. Select to scan "everything," and run the scan while connected to your wireless network (if possible).

3. Save the report and attach it to your reply.

Note: To enable attachments, make sure to switch to the advanced editor while replying.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
MPers5
Beginner

I have done what you have asked and also I have reset my router to factory settings as well. please find attached the reports you have asked for.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joveini,

Thank you for these reports.

- Do the disconnects happen while connected to both 2.4 and 5 GHz networks?

- Are you able to reproduce the issue while connected through a different wireless access point (different wireless network entirely).

- What is the brand and model of your router?

We would also like the following:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Event Viewer

2. Expand Windows Logs > Right click on System > Clear log > Clear.

3. You may now close the event viewer and use the system to try and reproduce the issue.

4. After the issue occurs: Open Event Viewer again> Expand Windows Logs > Right click on System > "Save all events as..." > Proceed to save event log to a known location and share with us.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
MPers5
Beginner

The issue was my router which I replaced. Thank you for your quick responses.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joveini,

We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos