Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

ITMB Driver Not Available

WSutt1
Beginner

when booting my PC I get this message everytime, have downloaded and tried to install the version from another thread ITBM 3 ( its1.02.2 ) but I get the exact same message in the picture. I tried to uninstall it but its there but not there

I have just upgraded my computer and reintsalled Windows 10 Home. PC is :

Intel i7 8700K

Gigabyte Aorus 370 Gaming 7 mobo and Aorus 1080 ti GPU

Corsair CMD32GX4M4A2666C15 memory

Hard drive is a M.2 Samsung 950 pro 512GB

Would like to have it working or get rid of it and not have that message

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi wls54,

I understand you are getting a problem with Intel® Turbo boost driver. Let me help you on this matter.

I was checking some documentation we have for this issue and I found this error was previously reported. Please take a look at this https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000021587/processors.html FAQ for the error message.

Let me know if you still need assistance.

Thanks

Allan J.

0 Kudos
WSutt1
Beginner
from the FAQ RequirementsWhat are requirements for Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0?

Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 requires:

• A supported processor
  • A supported operating system
  • A driver and has an associated User Interface application
  • An X99 or X299-based board with an enabled BIOS / firmware that supports this feature
We recommend verifying with your motherboard vendor that support for this technology is enabled on your motherboard / BIOS.Which Intel® Core™ Processors support Intel® Turbo Boost Max 3.0 Technology?
  • Intel® Core™ i7-6950X, i7-6900K, i7-6850K and i7-6800K Processors
  • Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE, i9-7960X, i9-7940X, i9-7920X, i9-7900X and i7-7820X Processors
  • Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 1600 v4 Family
NoteNo other desktop processors support this Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.Ok, so the new Z370 platform doesnt have this and the new intel i7 8700K doesnt support this feature. So how can I remove this message as it cant find the location to remove the drivers ? Or are these FAQ out of date ? 

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi wls54,

Based on the processor specifications, there is no Intel® Turbo Boost 3.0.

If this a program installed on your computer, it should be located on Apps and Features.

Here is how to uninstall any program in Windows® 10:

Open the Start menu.

Click Settings.

Select Apps & features from the left pane...

Select the program you wish to uninstall...

Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Hope it helps

Allan J.

0 Kudos
WSutt1
Beginner

If you read my original post you would see that uninstalling doesn't work.

Problem is when you think you are doing a clean reinstallion through Update and Security /Recovery and "reset" in Win 10 you are not as they keep old drivers. So basically if you have problems this is a horrible way to do it . I found my Win10 USB stick and used that to reinstall Windows and to be save I deleted the partion and created a new one before formatting it. Now I dont have this problem anymore.

0 Kudos