Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Yet another complaint about your 7260/8260/8265 Chipsets

MCurt1
Beginner

Dear Intel, (and note to the wider community),

I have nowhere left to turn, so I am coming back to the source..... Our company sees fit to use Dell Laptops, a reasonable choice I would argue, and for a number of years now they have all worked reasonably well; last count we now have approaching 6500 such devices now, and all are equipped with Intel Wireless Adaptors; the 7260, 8260 and now the 8265, and since July 2016 thing have been getting progressively worse. Round about the time that you released PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software v. 19.0.1.

Each and every laptop that has been upgraded to this version Drivers and beyond since July 2016 has resulted in the Wireless not working as it should!

The highest connection speed that the laptops are able to sustain is 173.3Mbps when they should be obtaining connection speeds to the AP at around the 866.7Mbps mark (to be precise) .... All because the Intel Drivers have messed up the settings (somehow) preventing full AC Capability.

Because of this .... low starting point (lets call it - trying not to swear) ... a lot of users are not able to connect to the Wireless network at all if they stray from anywhere but directly beneath the Access-Point, yet their personal devices sat next to them on the desk/table/whatever, using the very same access point are all getting 5-bars connecting at 866.7Mbps. MacBook Pros get 1300 Mbps connection speed..... and the list goes on .... all around me devices are connecting at AC Capable speeds, all except the Dells with your Chipsets!

For reference i have attempted to use ProSet versions from 21.10.2 down to 19.0.1 yet the connection speed to the AP never budges: it remains steadfast at 173.3Mpbs. So please do not advise my using the latest version .... as i have proven time and time again to anyone with any technical know-how within our organisation that there is not one version since 19.0.1 that now works.

I have even deleted all trace of the Proset Software, deleted all of the Driver Files from the System32 folder of prior versions and installed JUST the drivers for the Adaptor for all of the version listed above with exactly the same results: 173.3Mbps! Never More, but sometimes a little less.

Only when i downgrade Drivers to 18.33.x.x (for the 7260s) and 18.40.x.x (8260's) do I see an improvement. 866.7Mbps connection speed every time without fail thank you very much. Just like it used to be ..... until ProSet Version 19 came along and ruined it all.

So why are these Dell laptop with your Wireless Adaptors failing to work correctly...... Surely Intel are aware of the tidal wave of hate towards these particular cards (just Google Intel 7260/8260/8265 - [delete as appropriate] - [add any swearword of your choosing] ....) .... so why are Intel not doing anything to fix it???? If you are doing something to fix it..... you've had since July 2016 .... is a fix forthcoming? Or do i need to approach Apple and purchase 6500 MacBook Pros?

would love to hear your response on this .....

many thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MCurt1
Beginner

here's the wlanreport for when its requested

Thanks

0 Kudos
MCurt1
Beginner

and this one too!

thanks

MC

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello U4MJAC,

We understand you're experiencing issues with several systems using Intel® Wireless Adapters.

Thank you for providing the SSU and WLAN reports. Due to the broad scope of your problem, we would like to request some additional information via email. Please check your private messages.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
MCurt1
Beginner

Dear Intel,

thank you for waiting... please find attached further information as requested....

i have the event log requested too - but is 20Mb - can an attachment of that size be handled or do you have another form of secure document transfer that you offer.

i look forward to your response

kind regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello U4MJAC,

Thank you for your reply, we've saved the file and deleted it from your thread to keep your personal information safe. I'm not sure if you meant to reply to our earlier private message instead of posting publicly. Let me know if you would like us to resend that email for you to reply to. Hope it's OK that we edited your post.

As for the event logs, feel free to upload them to your file hosting service of choice and share the link, either here or privately.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello U4MJAC,

Another thing that may help. You could slim down the logs by clearing out your events, reproducing the problem, and then exporting them:

1. In the search box on the task bar, type Event Viewer

2. Expand Windows Logs > Right click on System > Clear log > Clear.

3. You may now close the event viewer and use the system to try and reproduce the issue.

4. Open Event Viewer again> Expand Windows Logs > Right click on System > "Save all events as..." > Proceed to save event log to a known location and share with us.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello U4MJAC,

We haven't heard back from you in a while.

Please let us know if the issue has been resolved, or if you would like us to send you a private message for you to share a link to this file after uploading it to your file hosting service of choice.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
MCurt1
Beginner

Can you tell me where I can send a link url - I have the event log requested

0 Kudos
MCurt1
Beginner

or even just an email that works .... after following your advice the log file is now only 1mb - so can email it directly to someone

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello U4MJAC,

We've sent you a direct email for you to attach the file, please check your inbox.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello U4MJAC,

We've resent you the direct email. Please provide the logs requested.

Otherwise, please let us know if the issue has been resolved.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
DDiel
Novice

I am also suffering but with a much lower link speed, I am stuck at 54mbps on both 5ghz and 2.4ghz links. The adapter connects to my router (netgear r6400) in a legacy mode while all my other devices that support AC work just fine. check out my thread incase they have some suggestions besides the usual.....