Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Black screen problem

kkppr
Beginner

Hello,

I have motherboard ASRock J3455B (Intel J3455 processor and integrated Intel HD 500 graphics), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (build 1709-16299.64), Intel graphics driver ver. 22.20.16.4749 as of 24.07.2017 (last available on Windows update), HDMI connection (1 monitor).

I have recently noticed much longer system start up time, I guess due to Fall creators update. Previously the system was starting around 10 sec. Now is the start up maybe 4x, after windows logo falls to black screen, after further 30 sec continues to login and everything is ok.

I have downloaded older driver version (15.45), with that the system ends on black screen (monitor losses the signal – necessary safe mode and uninstall driver).

I have also tried download latest driver version (15.60), same result as with ver. 22.20.16.4749 as of 24.07.2017 from Windows update, 30 s black screen lag on start up with happyend 🙂

Uninstalling Intel driver and using MS windows native driver solves all problems, system starts in 10 sec, like two weeks ago with Intel driver.

Has anyone experienced same problem? Hope it is not a feature 🙂

Many thanks in advance.

kppr

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello kppr,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Have you tried with the driver provided by your computer manufacturer? Find the driver here: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/J3455B-ITX/?cat=Download&os=Win1064 ASRock > J3455B-ITX

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
kkppr
Beginner

Hello Amy C.,

Thank you for your reply. ASRock page offers old version of Intel driver (15.45), I have tried this version.

As I wrote, two weeks ago (and a half year before) I had no problems. I did not install any new software/drivers, only Windows 10 auto update on backround, so I guess it is related to some windows update I can not affect (Fall creators?) and even lastest Intel driver (15.60) is not ready for it. If I uninstall Intel driver and use MS windows native driver, everything is ok.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am sorry to hear that!

The driver in your computer manufacturer's site should work since is the one provided for your specific computer model. Regarding this, have you reported the situation to ASRock support team? It is possible that they are aware of this and can provide more troubleshooting steps or a resolution for this behavior.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
kkppr
Beginner

Hello Amy C.,

I am sorry, but that is a bit alibistic responce 🙂 I am convinced, that on the hardware side fulfills ASRock all Intel's specifications. ASRock also offers Intel's driver on its page, but one year old... Motherboard itself is one peace of Intel's HW (chipset, processor, graphics card...). That was main reason, I bought it - I believed, that HW compatibility and SW support of Intel's solution would not be problem...

As I wrote, two weeks ago I had no problems. If I unistall Intel driver, everythink is ok. Therefore I am convinced, that problem is in Intel driver - it is not 100% ready for latest Windows update.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, I understand. I mentioned about ASRock support since it's possible that they have a patch or special drivers.

Have you tested a different HDMI cable?

Does the behavior happen while using a different video output?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
kkppr
Beginner

Dear Amy C.,

I must apologise, I have just downloaded latest bios for ASRock J3455B-ITX (ver 1.30), updated, loaded defaults and voilà... lag at startup does not appear anymore and everything works like a charm. A bit weird but problem solved.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

kppr

0 Kudos