Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel 620 driver 6025 won't install

idata
Employee

When I run the intel support assistant, it tells me there is an update available. When I go through the process, it tells me my 620 is running an older driver version, I need to update, and directs me to download win64_24.20.100.6025. When I try to run this update, however, it tells me my operating system is not supported. I'm on a Lenovo 720 yoga with the 620 graphics chipset, win10x64 professional fully updated.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello riw777,

I understand that you are currently experiencing problems with the Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant since it is showing an available update that is not working.

Regarding this, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Attached.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello riw777,

Thank you for your response.

I was reviewing the DxDiag and in fact, there is an update for your graphics controller. We can actually try a manual update to see if the option to install via Intel ® Driver and Support Assistant disappears.

Please refer to the link below and download the ".zip" file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789

Once the file is downloaded, please follow the steps below:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the "Setup Information" file. (Could be named "Kit").

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

Once done, let me know if the update still appears as necessary with the Intel ® Driver and Support Assistant.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

See the attached -- any other ideas?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello riw777,

What you can try to do is, go to the device manager, right-click on the Intel ® Display Adapter and uninstall it. Once it is uninstalled, reboot the system and then attempt to follow the steps provided before again.

I have also sent you a private message, please check whenever you get the chance.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I uninstalled the driver and rebooted -- I'm now running the generic pnp driver for this chipset. Attempted to install the latest driver through the device manager, and received the error that the driver will not work on windows 64 bit. I'm now trying to download the old driver again -- which is going to take some time, as I'm currently only on a satellite internet connection. I will try to touch base against once I'm off satellite connectivity, in a few days, and I can work on this some more.

At this point, I'm going to try to install the old driver just to get things working again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello riw777,

Let me know when you are done. In the meantime I am going to research a little more in depth about the current issue, also to mention that there will be an update for the Intel ® Driver and Support utility soon, I will let you know as soon as there is one so we can try with that version as this issue could indicate a problem with it announcing the driver as a compatible one.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Zingam
Beginner

Why is it still not possible to install these reference drivers on a laptop if they support the mobile CPUs? We shouldn't rely on a laptop vendor to update the drivers which they rarely do. You claim to support gaming but can we even talk about it if the drivers are always outdated.

The standard answer is: Use the drivers provided by the laptop vendor. For over 10 years it is possible to always use the reference drivers by NVIDIA and AMD but for the Intel's GPUs that are integrated in virtually every CPU out there we cannot. You should provide drivers that could work on all laptops always!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello riw777,

I have checked and found that there is a new update for the graphics controller we are trying to update. Please refer to the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27803/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27803/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789

Let us try with the steps above as well. Also, Zingam, if you are having an issue with a driver yourself, we apologize for any inconvenience. Please submit a new thread since we handle every case individually and every scenario is different even if the same product is being used. The next agent will be able to further assist you on this matter.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This version does the same thing... 😞 I think Lenovo must have these updates blocked... I tried to talk to them today, and they just don't understand what I am saying -- they claim the version I have installed _is_ the latest driver. Weird.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello riw777,

It is a possibility, but I cannot tell if that is the case or not. Since they mentioned that you have the latest driver installed then if you want you can attempt to remove the Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant and then re-install it. Not long ago a new version was released so it may make things better.

You can download it from the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Make sure to first remove the current one first. If this does not help then, if the unit is working properly, I would recommend you to leave it with the driver that it has.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am trying to update this driver because Adobe Premiere is not working properly; Adobe says this is a video driver problem, based on the symptoms (they have remotely accessed my system to see what it is doing). Given this, they recommended I update to the latest driver. However, apparently the O/S will not allow me to update to the latest driver, even though the Intel driver assistant says I should update...

I am now talking to Lenovo, who is charging me to fix the problem, even though the problem is I can't update the driver.

Russ

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello riw777,

I quite understand your position. The steps I have provided should work when it comes to updating the graphics driver. Please let me know when you are done with Lenovo* so we can know the outcome of this.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello riw777,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos