Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

9260NGW driver for Chrome OS

PLin29
Novice

Hello INTEL,

I admired the new feature of 9260NGW very much.

Since the brief of 9260NGW mentioned the supported OS are Win 10 and Google Chrome OS, I would like to know where I can get the 9260NGW driver for Chrome OS.

Thank you very much.

Best,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello mailto:Paul@sbtec.com.tw Paul@sbtec.com.tw,

Thanks for preferring Intel.

Chrome OS* drivers (or its equivalents), are built into each Chrome OS release, they are not available for download and as far as we understand there's no way to add them to the operating system. This is part of the operating system security features.

Since Chrome OS is only available pre-installed on hardware from Google* manufacturing partners, the drivers for all the devices on the system should be included on it. If you're experiencing issues with this device on Chrome OS, please https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html contact your system manufacturer.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mailto:Paul@sbtec.com.tw Paul@sbtec.com.tw,

Thanks for preferring Intel.

Chrome OS* drivers (or its equivalents), are built into each Chrome OS release, they are not available for download and as far as we understand there's no way to add them to the operating system. This is part of the operating system security features.

Since Chrome OS is only available pre-installed on hardware from Google* manufacturing partners, the drivers for all the devices on the system should be included on it. If you're experiencing issues with this device on Chrome OS, please https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html contact your system manufacturer.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
PLin29
Novice

Hello Eugenio,

Thank you for the information. I realize the google Chrome OS driver built into the OS.

I'm sure that the Chrome OS does natively support 7265NGW, and will tell my friend to try StP.

Just not sure when or which release google will make Chrome OS support ThP.

Anyway, thank you again.

Best,