Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Screen turn on and off while connecting or disconnecting charger

FAziz
Beginner

I'm using HP Elitebook 8470p.

Processor: Intel Core i5-3210M CPU 2.5GHz

RAM 4GB

Display(graphics): Intel HD Graphics 4000

Display memory 32MB

Shared Memory 1760MB

My problem is that screen turn off for 2 seconds and then turn on again while I connect or disconnect the charger.

I update the display driver and problem gone away for 4 days. Now all drivers of my system are up-to-date but the problem comes back again.

What I do to get rid of this problem??intel_admin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello F86597,

I understand that when you connect the charger the system's screen turns off for a few seconds and then it turns back on.

Regarding this problem, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, I would like to know what you mean with connect the charger, do you mean just connecting the USB cable to the computer and then the phone, or do you mean connecting the charger to the wall where the system is plugged?

Let me know.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
FAziz
Beginner

Requested file attached to this reply.

The problem occurs when I connect the charger to the wall to charge system.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello F86597,

Thank you for your response.

I was reviewing the information that came in the DxDiag report that was generated; however, I am not able to find any problem from our side.

What I could recommend to do in this case is, either trying a different charger with the system and see if the issue persists, or trying a different power outlet nearby with the system to see if the issue is still there. It does not really seem to be a problem with graphics.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
FAziz
Beginner

Problem is solved without any action. Thanks for your co-operation.

0 Kudos