Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Exposure Problem (?) during capture of first frame RealSense D415

RMadh2
Beginner

When I try to capture a single frame(1st) the image seems to be under exposed and dark. For my use, I need to capture a single image, and don't need a video. Now, I am waiting for the 10th frame and grabbing that, but this seems to slow up the program. Is there any way to fix this?

Images attached:

1) Grabbing the 1st frame

2) grabbing the 10th frame

I am attaching a copy of the program I am using as well because I am unsure if the delay is with the program.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jb455
Valued Contributor II

This is probably the effect of the auto exposure algorithm taking several frames to find the optimal exposure. Turning auto exposure off and setting the exposure explicitly will make the each frame exposed the same from the start, but means you'll lose flexibility as your chosen value may be too high or low for different environments.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I looked over your code and in my humble opinion, it looks okay to me. So I would personally focus on adjusting the camera's projection settings instead. The first thing I would try is turning off the IR emitter, a component that assists the IR sensor with exposure but can cause problems with saturation of the IR sensor if a location's illumination is overly dim or bright.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/wiki/API-How-To# controlling-the-laser API How To · IntelRealSense/librealsense Wiki · GitHub

RMadh2
Beginner

Thank You. I have done that and will experiment more to see if it helps.

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

This is probably the effect of the auto exposure algorithm taking several frames to find the optimal exposure. Turning auto exposure off and setting the exposure explicitly will make the each frame exposed the same from the start, but means you'll lose flexibility as your chosen value may be too high or low for different environments.