Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD 4600, driver version 10.18.10.3960, Windows 8.1 64bit. The Screen turns off after about one minute without any action.

JZhon7
Beginner

Hello,

After installing the latest driver version 3960, my screen turns off automatically after exactly one minute without mouse or keyboard actions. I suppose this was a new feature included in the latest driver, but it really bothers me when I need to have the screen on for reading. I tried to switch this feature off by changing windows power options and Intel control panel power options and I failed.

Does anyone have the same problem as I do? I want to know whether this is a feature or a bug and how to get rid of it whatever it is.

Thanks~

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

I just tested the latest video drivers on same graphics controller, I even disabled "Choose when to turn off the display" under control panel and the screen stayed on all the time.

I would say if your computer screen turns off even if that is disabled, this has to come from your computer manufacturer BIOS.

Allan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

I just tested the latest video drivers on same graphics controller, I even disabled "Choose when to turn off the display" under control panel and the screen stayed on all the time.

I would say if your computer screen turns off even if that is disabled, this has to come from your computer manufacturer BIOS.

Allan.

0 Kudos
JZhon7
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

I got back to Windows from Ubuntu today and found out that the problem was gone. I checked the settings again and found nothing different. I guess I should have rebooted my computer more, haha. Anyway, thank you for your attention.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

You are welcome, I am glad your computer is working again.

Allan.

0 Kudos