Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC 7260 Bluetooth does not work with a head set

JLee164
Beginner

I am using Windows 7 x64 and try to use a Bluetooth speaker with mic for Google Hangout. The Bluetooth does not recognize the mic at all. The speaker works fine with all my other computer and bluetooth device like iPhone and iPad. Please help me to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Is Windows* 7 up to date?

What are the driver versions you are using for Wireless and Bluetooth*?

To identify your Bluetooth driver version go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and look for Intel® PROSet/Wireless for Bluetooth® technology. The driver version displays in the far right column.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-025417.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Identify Your Intel Wireless Adapter and Driver Version Number

0 Kudos
JLee164
Beginner

Hi, Joe,

Thanks for your help.

My windows is up to date and there is not patch available in Windows Update. I have already downloaded the latest driver from Intel website. The version is 17.1.1406.0472.

I have a Bluetooth speaker with build-in Mic. The speaker works fine but the Intel AC 7260 does not recognize the mic. I tested the speaker with several other brand Bluetooth devices. They all work fine. I am not sure what is missing.

Zhi

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please check the operating mode (service) the headset is using. Right click the Bluetooth* icon, click Show Bluetooth Devices, double click the icon of your headset device. If the headset is set to Play Music, rather than voice calls or headset, a different Bluetooth profile will be used for the connection and the microphone will not work.

You may also want to check the default device in Control Panel, Sound, Recording; and if the volume levels are up.

If the suggestions above do not help, try using an older software version.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034060.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software — Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology

0 Kudos
GF
Beginner

not to hijack the thread but I am having the same issue.

I can't seem to get the "bluetooth headset" profile to work. It works fine with the "bluetooth headphones".

In my playback devices I see both "bluetooth headphones" and "bluetooth headset". I see "bluetooth microphone" in the recording devices as well. But it's only connected to "bluetooth headphones". When I right click on the "bluetooth headset", nothing happens. Same for the "bluetooth microphone".

It works great for playing music while the "bluetooth headhpones" profile is in use. But I want to use them as a communications device with Cisco IP Communicator soft phone.

Using "bluetooth headphones", the mic doesn't work and I don't want to use my laptops mic.

All of the available bluetooth services are checked. When I go to "Devices and Printers" and double click "PLT_BB2GO" I can see that both services relating to playing music and VoIP calls are simultaneously connected which I find odd since in the playback and recording devices "bluetooth headset" and "bluetooth microphone" are grayed out and not connected.

However, when I try to disconnect the service relating to playing music on the menu I detailed how I got on from the above, the "bluetooth headset" and "bluetooth microphone" now shows as connected in the playback and recording device but it doesn't work. There's no audio coming out when you do a test and the sound meter lights up partially but does not move. Same goes for the mic. And from here it goes downhill because when I try to revert, the device doesn't seem to want to connect anymore. So I remove the device from my machine and pair it again.

This is the default working behavior when the BBTGO2 connects. Bluetooth headphones work. Then I click disconnect "Listen to Music" the below happens, look to page 2.

No audio output when using Bluetooth headset. Shown below are the driver details, playback device and enabled Bluetooth services.

Shown below is the Bluetooth headset mic that is not recording anything.

Trying to switch back fails miserably and I literally need to power on and off the device to get things going again. That's in page 1.

0 Kudos
JLee164
Beginner

Hi, I got mine working now. Here is what I did:

1. Uninstall the Intel Bluetooth software and restart the laptop

2. The laptop should still recognize the Bluetooth chip but no driver and profile. Connect your headset to your computer and it should say "failed to install drivers".

3. Install the Intel Bluetooth Software.

4. If you want to use the Mic, the "Listen to Music" option has to be disconnected and only use VoIP option.

I am using Beats Pill and other two speakers with Microphone. They all work fine now. I have no idea why they won't work if I install the Intel driver first.

Zhi

0 Kudos
GF
Beginner

Still the same for me, Though not as problematic as before wherein I need to power it on or off to get the "bluetooth headphones" to work.

When I connect the "headset profile" and test it it get stuck with testing and the sound level indicator is fixed as well. No audio output and input.

0 Kudos
LTayl7
Beginner

I have exactly the same problem as Vanquish, I'm using the same device, the PLT_BB2GO and I'm on Latitude E7240, I've tried everything, and I'm all out of ideas!

Please help!

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

shjimli, what driver versions did you use to solve the issue?

0 Kudos
JLee164
Beginner

the current version I installed is 17.0.1401.0428. I did not touch the driver since I am afraid it will stop working again. By now, everything is OK. I have no idea why they won't work if I install the Intel driver first. I think it is the problem of the Intel driver. One thing I noticed is that when the first time I connect my speaker with my laptop, the system says "searching driver via internet". I guess the problem was solved because the system actually installed the profile from Windows Update?

0 Kudos
GF
Beginner

I tried other drivers as well and same results. tried on another pc which is exactly the same. Lenovo T440 and AC 7260. Still the same results. Gonna get an external dongle from another chipset maker and check if it's chipset/software-centric. It's not the headset because the same bluetooth headset profile works on a mobile phone. It automatically switches between as a headphone and as a headset.

0 Kudos
JLee164
Beginner

I am using T440s and AC 7260. Have you tried my method? Uninstall the driver and reboot. Connect the headset to the laptop via Bluetooth and then run Lenovo upgrade. It should automatically detect 17.0.1401.0428 as the avaiable Bluetooth driver. Install the driver and restart the laptop. Connect your headset to T440 only use VoIP option and check if the mic is working. Make sure the option "Listen to Music" is disconnected.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

It happens that vanquish has a different headset device; so, this may be a big difference in this case.

vanquish, do you have any "unknown devices" or missing drivers in Device Manager?

0 Kudos
GF
Beginner

It seems so Joe, there is one "bluetooth peripheral device" that seems to have no drivers.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I have a similar issue with my phone but it does not happen with others.

This is my workaround: with the Bluetooth device paired, go to the Driver tab in the same window you see above and click Uninstall. Just try using the headset's microphone as it is without reconnecting it or scanning for new hardware.

0 Kudos
GF
Beginner

well that device without the driver disappeared but still, the bluetooh headset is not working, no in/out audio.

0 Kudos
KOnsu
Novice

I have the same problem.

My Clevo w230ss, i4710mq, W7/64, Intel wifi AC 7260 do not stream Bluetooth sound to my Bose III Soundlink.

BT driver: BT_17.1.1409.01_s64

Senario 1:

Install driver, reboot.. Speaker is visible and connected. NO sound. (Bluetooth vol Control is changed to max ??)

Senario2:

Install driver, do NOT reboot.. Speaker is visible and conected, sound OK. (Bluetooth vol Control not changed)

Conclucion: Reboot after install ruin settings. I have to run BT_17.1.1409.01_s64.exe and repair to get bluetooth sound every time the PC is rebooted or shutdown

Bug in driver software?? or do I something wrong??

My question to Intel: Do Intel have any plan to fix the drivers??

0 Kudos
MFord2
Beginner

I've just ran into the same issue and found my way here. New Dell E7440 on Windows 7 64 Enterprise with Intel 7260 wifi/bluetooth chipset and trying to connect my Logitech Backbeat Go 2 headset. Connects fine and I can see it all over the settings, but no sound or mic action. All drivers up to date too...

Intel please help!

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello guru_fordy,

Our first recommendation is for you to contact your computer manufacturer as they have configured your computer hardware and software. They would be your primary resource to contact for any technical support that might be needed. Also another option would be to contact Logitech also to check what kind of Bluetooth profile and architecture they support for this particular device.

OYass
Beginner

I have the same problem here (Windows 7 64 bit, Intel Bluetooth 7260, Lenovo Thinkpad X240) with a Plantronics BackBeat Go 2 headset. I couldn't get the microphone to work. I can listen to music but the hands-free profile is not working.

I tired everything; all the drivers (old, new, OEM & Intel), re-pairing, different laptops, new set of headphones and etc.

I also tried the same headset on (Windows 7 64 bit, Broadcom Bluetooth, Lenovo Thinkpad X230) and it works perfectly.

Dear Intel,

Can you please help?

Based the above and previous threads, it seems that there is an issue with the hands-free profile and it is not computer manufacturer related.

Below is additional information that may help to solve the issue:

Bluetooth Adapter 7260 (Dual Band Wireless N7260)

Driver Version: 17.1.1501.512

Windows 7 (64 bit)

Plantronics BackBeat Go 2

Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Advanced

Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) v1.2

Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) v1.4

HandsfreeProfile (HFP) v1.6

Headset Profile (HSP) v1.1

Thanks,

Omar

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Omarico,

We recommend that you contact your headset manufacturer regarding the Bluetooth* profile supported.

0 Kudos