Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S2600CP and LSI SAS 9210

TFolk
Beginner

Does the S2600CP board support an LSI SAS 9210-8i HBA Card? If so, is there anything special i need to do to see the bios?

I have it installed, the led is green and another is steady blinking green so i believe it has power but i cannot see any bios on startup and have tried holding CTRL-C on boot to no affect.

I currently have 3 HD's and 1 SSD plugged into the SATA port on the board currently, do i need to disable or unplug some drives?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello th3godf4th3r,

Regarding your question, if an LSI SAS 9210 is compatible with an S2600CP intel board.

This particular model is not part of the compatible hardware list, you can find this on https://ark.intel.com/products/56333/Intel-Server-Board-S2600CP2# tab-blade-1-1 S2600CP Compatible.

I found that the https://ark.intel.com/products/42874/Intel-RAID-Controller-RS2BL080 Intel card - RS2BL080 uses the same chipset as the LSI SAS 9210.

Also, could you please provide me the configuration you have setup right now:
  • Number of processors.
  • Memory configuration.
  • PCI port the RSP3DD080F is connected.
  • Also, check BIOS Boot Manager under boot devices to see if the card is part of the bootable devices.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
TFolk
Beginner

(2) E5-2680v2

(2) Kingston KVR13E9/4I 4GB

I believe it is connected to port 3 and nothing shows up in the bios boot manager

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello th3godf4th3r,

Thank you for your prompt response. At this moment sounds like a computability issues. I will recommend to first try the board on another PCIe port and to try the board on another computer. This because this board has not been validated for this motherboard.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
TFolk
Beginner

For future reference if anyone is looking, yes the card is compatible however you will not be able to see the card's BIOS when the computer starts up.

I was able to flash and update the card to IT mode by booting to the motherboard bios, choose internal EFI Shell and then mount and load the IT file to update the card.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello th3godf4th3r,

Thank you for your for the information. I will added for future questions.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos