Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Has anyone been able to install and run realsense R200 successfully recently?

Chanitnan_K_Intel

I'm installing it on Ubuntu 16.04, but ran into several issues. I wonder if the most recent build works for other people.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ckanthap,

Thanks for contacting Intel customer service.

I had installed the R200 on Ubuntu 16.04 last week. Please follow the steps on the following link:

https://01.org/developerjourney/recipe/intel-realsense-robotic-development-kit https://01.org/developerjourney/recipe/intel-realsense-robotic-development-kit

If you already have the Ubuntu totally up and running you can skip to the part of installing the latest Realsense patches.

Hope this helps to resolve your question.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
KEff
Beginner

Hello Intel,

I recently received the SDK with the R200.

I installed Ubuntu and all the Soft according to the instructions, but I fail when starting the application.

when calling

I get a warning about

[ WARN] [1516909747.691003283]: /camera/driver - Detected unvalidated firmware:

- 2511004355's current camera firmware is 1.0.71.06, Validated camera firmware is 1.0.72.06

And suspect, that this it what finally triggers the following error:

rviz shows me a Global Status: Error

Fixed Frame : Fixed Frame [map] does not exist

But I don't find anywhere instructions of how to update the Firmware.

How can I update the firmware from linux?

Could a non updated Firware be the cause for my error message?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello KayF,

The error does not seem to be related to any other issue but the camera firmware.

The only way to update the camera firmware is to connect it to a Windows 10 computer with the latest build. There is no need for additional actions just connect it and the Windows update will do all the process.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
KEff
Beginner

Thanks a lot for your answer will try tomorrow.

In my home office I don't have any windows. Why the dependency on Windows?

In the office I will have Windows 10. However probably none with USB3.0 (only with USB 2.0)

Will this be a problem?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello KayF,

Intel will soon publish a tool for firmware updates for Linux.

Yes, not having a USB 3.0 would be a problem since this is required for the camera to work and to be recognized in your PC. If the camera is not recognized the update will not happen.

Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
KEff
Beginner

Thanks very much for your really fast answers. Well I will try to find somebody with a recent windows 10 and USB3.0 to get my cam updated.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello KayF,

You are most welcome.

Regarding the issue, please make sure you are downloading the legacy branch of Librealsense. In the following link you will find information and how to download it.

Hope this helps to resolve your issue.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
KEff
Beginner

OK

I got hold of a windows10 PC and updated the firmware.

Now it's complaining, that the firmware is too new.

[ WARN] [1516965129.895133897]: /camera/driver - Detected unvalidated firmware:

- 2511004355's current camera firmware is 1.0.72.10, Validated camera firmware is 1.0.72.06

lateron I get the error:

[ERROR] [1516965136.807177763]: /camera/driver - Error calling rs_wait_for_frames ( device:0x21f1890 ):

Timeout waiting for frames.

So it still seems, that no images can be aquired.

0 Kudos
KEff
Beginner

I thought I took the legacy branch.

You talk about https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/tree/v1.12.1 GitHub - IntelRealSense/librealsense at v1.12.1

How can I verify, that I didn't install the wrong one by accident?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello KayF,

Yes, you are using the correct legacy branch.

Please perform the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Connect R200 camera to Windows 10 PC

2. Download and install RealSense SDK for Windows R2.

3. Run sample programs.

Also are you using the Intel-provided USB cable? Are you having this error on the Up board? What is the system that you are using where you are having this error?

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
KEff
Beginner

I made all the tests on a freshly installed (installed last week) Up board.

I used the cables and connectors delivered with the kit.

I used the online instructions from https://01.org/developerjourney/recipe/intel-realsense-robotic-development-kit Intel RealSense Robotic Development Kit | Developer Journey

roscore &

roscd realsense_camera

roslaunch realsense_camera r200_nodelet_rgbd.launch

and started then from another xterm

rviz

Will try again to get hold of a windows 10 system and send you more info.

0 Kudos
SPhil9
Beginner

I am having similar issues with the use of r200. I bought the Realsense RDK with R200 and no matter what I cant get it working on Linux. nor windows 10. It seems like the latest firmware from windows does not work, and linux complains about it being too new. I suspect that since it is not working on windows 10, it may be partially installing firmware from windows, and then not working on linux. for anyone testing linux and installing firmware on supported hardware windows. they would never come across this issue. I have also ordered a USB Y cord as suggested to supplement the power requirement from the realsense. This did not resolve the issue.

I am looking forward to a way to install, and replace newer firmwares on windows. It would be nice to have an installer for firmware, and way to downgrade the current version.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sldprt,

The warnings related to "unvalidated firmware" are reported from the realsense_ros package, not librealsense. It is only a warning and does not affect functionality. For functionality problems, check if the camera can stream using LibRealSense capture tools by opening a Terminal and typing cpp-config-ui or cpp-capture. If streaming doesn't work from the librealsense capture tools, try reinstalling librealsense and the realsense_camera node.

http://wiki.ros.org/realsense_camera

Additionally please check the LibrealSense legacy installation guide:

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/legacy/doc/installation.md

Hope this information helps.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos