Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Graphics Driver update preventing software from working

LEarp
Beginner

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone could help me. I'm an animation student that uses software like Photoshop, Premiere, and Autodesk Maya. I run these programs on my HP Pavilion laptop that is only a year old. Up until November I was able to run all these programs without any issues but after a windows update they all crash or appear with error messages as soon as they are opened. Having looked on the Adobe and Autodesk websites it has become clear that the issue is my graphics driver that is causing them to crash. I have tried to update it but windows is telling me it is already up to date. When I disable it all the programs open fine but this is not a permanent solution as I need my graphics driver to run heavier tasks in them. I've tried uninstalling the driver and installing the previous version of it before the update, but windows says that it so not "validated for this computer" and to "obtain the appropriate one". My graphics driver is Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 and the previous version I tried to install was also an Intel(R) HD Graphics 520. I even went as far to wipe my whole laptop and spent hours reinstalling my programs only to see that they still didn't work. I'm tearing my hair out over this, my laptop is useless if I can't do my university work on it.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Get older drivers from this list https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88355/Intel-HD-Graphics-520 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 520 (hit "show more")

If you encounter an error message about validation, then install driver via "have disk method" as described at:

www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface

(ignore prolog about MS surface)

0 Kudos