Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 7 installing incorrect version

NNabi1
Beginner

I have downloaded and installed the latest Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 7 (64-bit) marked as version 22.10. However, what ends up getting installed is version 22.9.6 which was the previous release.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18713/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7 Download Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows 7*

Not a big deal, everything functions fine, but is anyone else noticing this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello MEA707,

We have moved your question over to our /community/tech/wired Wired Ethernet Support Community.

The version number on the files you download are a release number that represents a collection of drivers and software for Intel® Ethernet adapters. The release version number does not exactly match any of the version numbers for the individual files. The release version number is a convenient way to reference the latest collection of drivers and software.

When you open Device Manager > Network Adapter > [Your network adapter] properties > Link Speed tab, do you see the correct PROSet version?

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
NNabi1
Beginner

Hello Carlos,

No, as I said in the opening thread, it is showing version 22.9.6 despite the download saying it's 22.10.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MEA707,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities and bringing this matter to our attention. Let me further check on this.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MEA707,

Further checking, the correct PROSet version in Windows 7 is 22.9.6 still, no changes made.

Hope this clarified.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MEA707,

As confirmed the PROSet version in Windows 7 is 22.9.6, please feel free to update me if you have other inquiries or need clarification.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
YHoe
Beginner

Hi I observed the same as what you saw. Besides, the access of the various added tabs (speed link, team, VPN, etc) on the windows device manager take long time to be accessed. Do you have this issue? I am installing on Windows 7 Profession x64. I downloaded the correct edition (PROWinx64Legacy.exe).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi YapChoonHoe,

Thank you for the additional information. We are checking on this.

Regards,

Sharon
0 Kudos