Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Invisible effects in Batman Arkham City GOTY edition

LPoco
Beginner

Just gonna post this first to get it out of the way..

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Lenovo ideapad 510

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Switchable

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LF...

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello LocoRoco,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Please let me run some tests, I will update the thread as soon as I have the results.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello LocoRoco

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. I was able to replicate the graphical bug you described in my test system here.

I was also able to confirm that enabling DirectX* 11 graphical options show no issues whatsoever, thus I am wondering if that would be enough as a work around for you. If not, can you please elaborate why?

The reason why I'm asking is because our development team could assign a low priority to this bug - considering that the game plays fine and a workaround exists - thus a solution could take slightly longer than expected.

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
LPoco
Beginner

Hey Ronald,

There are a lot of frame drops and heavy slowdowns in certain areas when I play in dx11 on the intel card (even if vsync is on),which doesn't make it feasible. While it's smooth gameplay under dx9 even if there's a lot going on. Moreover, I play this game a lot on 2 other basic laptops(which I take for travelling) with similar configs but only has the intel card (i.e. intel 610 and 620). The config that was posted here is from the laptop which is used only at home and I thought to test it, to see if this bug occurs again or if it was a problem with the other laptops.

I don't mind the time it takes to get the bug fixed, as long as it does get fixed.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Sorry I forgot to include our internal bug ID# , it is 1406716330.

As soon as I have an update I'll post it here.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello again LocoRoco

Our development team is still investigating this issue, and we could use some additional information.

You mentioned that the invisible objects issue does not occur on Intel HD Graphics 5000 and 4400 (older hardware). We tried replicating this on the same old hardware + Windows 10 (this can help us catch a regression in the new code) but we can still see the issue in these controllers. Do you know which OS and driver version was used when the issue could not be seen?

Thanks for any additional information you can share with us.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
LPoco
Beginner

Hey Ronald,

I don't remember the driver version that was used at the time but the OS for the 4400 was Windows 7 and 10 64 bit, while for the 5000 it was windows 7. The driver version for 5000 was 10.18.14.4222 .

I apologize if the above information wasn't helpful.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi LocoRoco,

I would like to provide you with an update. Our development team has been working on this bug, and our preliminary investigation seems to indicate that the issue is related to the game resolution. Can you please check out if any of the following resolutions shows the correct visual effects on your system?

• 1400x1050

• 1440x900

• 1600x900

• 1680x1050

The game resolution can be configured as follows:

1) From Steam, select Batman: Arkham City GOTY.

2) ClickPlay.

3) Choose Configure PC Options.

4) Click Play.

5) Click Settings.

6) Change the resolution to one of the above resolutions and click OK.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

LocoRoco,

Hope you were able to check the previous input.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
LPoco
Beginner

Hey Ronald,

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been online for a while. I can confirm that the counter markers and other visual effects appear at 1440x900 and above, but it doesn't occur for resolutions below 1440x900.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello LocoRoco,

I would like to inform you that we have a fix for this issue.

Please look forward to our next drivers as they should have this checked-in.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
LPoco
Beginner

That's wonderful news. I just wanna say thank you for taking the time and also having the patience in fixing this bug.

0 Kudos