Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel dual band AC 7260 slow and unstable connection

MBuší
Beginner

Hi, I bought new laptop Lenovo y50 last week. It has wifi card Intel dual band AC 7260. Wifi internet connection is very slow and frequently disconnect from my network, when signal is lower level(three or two bars on indicator) (It was tested on other wifi network and laptops, too). I used google and I think tried everything without result. I tried instal many version of drivers and it wasn't fix it. Do you help me with it?

P.S.: sorry for my bad english.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TSill
Beginner

I have the same problem, with a N7260 card on my LenovoS540 laptop. Apparantly my driver got updated, and after that, it only could reach half the distance of before, is slower, easily falls off, and are difficult to log on again (if signal is 3 pins, and impossible at 2 or lower pins).

I have naturally tried to roll back the driver, with no result. Even 5-6 generations of drivers back. Also I have tried to update drivers several times, but it still do not function satisfactory.

Judging from this forum, it is a very common fault, and something Intel has know for over half a year, without doing anything about it

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Guys,

I understand your trouble and I am sorry you are having this problem. Please note there is a thread related to this topic so I would like you to post your question and report your issues on that thread so we can continue with the assistance there.

Here is the link:

/thread/44899 https://communities.intel.com/thread/44899

Kevin M

0 Kudos
JMill38
Beginner

Kevin_intel

The link that you reference has 179 replies with no real answer. Please provide specific and brief information or don't reply. I am having the same issue as tomfree and Thomas. I have Dual Band Wireless Ac7260, version 17.0.5.0 and my connection is interrupted and at times states "Limited." I have tried everything, including having a GeekSquad representative out to my house to fix the problem. All he did was go to Intel.com and update my version. It worked fine for a few days and now the problem is back. I will be returning my Lenovo if a VALID response is not sent soon.

Thank you

0 Kudos
TSill
Beginner

Thanks Kevin_Intel, I HAVE been reading the full forum, before I posted. The only thing I learned, is that this is a well known fault, Intel has not been capable of correcting in over half a year...

Perhaps it is related to a file, you do not update, when you install a new driver ?

0 Kudos