Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Can't open intel graphics properties from context menu, and 2nd monitor doesnt work anymore.

bbobb2
Beginner

i've been using this Latitude E7440 for a month or so and there were no software changes that i was aware of in between working in the morning at home on dual monitors, going to work and using those dual monitors, and coming home and suddenly the intel splash screen freezes on "Initializing" and never moves. the 2nd monitors don't work at all anymore, even in the windows built-in tools--it doesnt detect the 2nd display out the HDMI port.

after many attempts at reinstalling drivers, updating bios, updating .NET, etc--i am no closer to a resolution.... when i right click on the desktop and click the intel icon for "Graphics Properties", NOTHING happens.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Bob

I appears the Intel HD Graphics drivers are possibly not installed. Could you go to the Dell support site for the E7440 at ,http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e7440-ultrabook/diagnose Product Support | Dell US and run the "Quick Test" Complete option to see if any issues specific to the E7440 can be identified? Also, I would recommend using the drivers supplied by Dell as they are customized specifically for your system.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos