Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Need Help) Can i get some finished example about rs2 - function?

mgum1
Beginner

Hello, I'm newbee in RealSense SDK 2.0 in C++, Visual Studio. (for D400 Series)

I searched manual of RS SDK 2.0, there are lot's of helpful examples.

but, in rs2 functions, unfortunately, there aren't complete example function.

when i download sdk 2.0 lib, exe etc.. i can see below function and explanation.

ex)

/**

* \brief Creates RealSense context that is required for the rest of the API.

* \param[in] api_version Users are expected to pass their version of \c RS2_API_VERSION to make sure they are running the correct librealsense version.

* \param[out] error If non-null, receives any error that occurs during this call, otherwise, errors are ignored.

* \return Context object

*/

rs2_context* rs2_create_context(int api_version, rs2_error** error);

It explain the rs_create_context function, but there isn't finished examples like,

rs2_context* rs2_create_context(int api_version, rs2_error** error)

{

......... contents...............

}

So, could you show me some finished example about rs2--- functions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There is an unofficial documentation site maintained by a developer called unanancyowen that enables documentation information to easily be searched with menus at the top of the page.

https://unanancyowen.github.io/librealsense2_apireference/namespacers2.html Intel® RealSense™ Cross Platform API: rs2 Namespace Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There is an unofficial documentation site maintained by a developer called unanancyowen that enables documentation information to easily be searched with menus at the top of the page.

https://unanancyowen.github.io/librealsense2_apireference/namespacers2.html Intel® RealSense™ Cross Platform API: rs2 Namespace Reference

0 Kudos
DPark11
Beginner

thank for the help.

I have additional question, Is it possible to use old SDK version (for LR200, SR300 etc..) for D400 series?

there is a book explaining easily on old SDK, but i have to use D435 camera. so, lot's of function in old SDK cannot be used in SDK 2.0 by myself.

is it the way to useing them in D435 camera?

thx alot.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There is no real compatibility between the 400 Series cameras and the old SDKs unfortunately. There might be a very small number of old SDK functions based on RGB processing that could use the D435, as they could treat the camera as though it was an ordinary RGB webcam instead of a RealSense depth camera. Mostly though, the camera and old SDKs do not work together.

0 Kudos
DPark11
Beginner
0 Kudos