Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel 8265 Randomly Lost Bluetooth

AC9
Beginner

Hi,

I replaced the Intel 8260 in my laptop with an Intel 8625 about a month ago, the old card got damaged and failed. Long story, I assure you it's not relevant to this.

The Wifi on the 8265 is still working fine, I'm using it right now. However, the Bluetooth randomly failed about an hour ago and I'm not having any luck fixing it myself.

The Wifi portion of the card reports correctly to Windows 10 and shows up in Device Manager, the Bluetooth card does not report to Windows correctly, it seems to appear in Device Manager as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)", and I can't get it to pick up Intel's Bluetooth drivers no matter what I try. I still have a "Bluetooth" page in Windows 10's Settings, but all of my paired devices say "Bluetooth is turned off" and I don't have the on/off toggle that's normally at the top of that page.

I've restarted the computer, I've uninstalled the device, disabled/re-enabled it, gotten Intel's most up to date drivers (for both the Wifi and Bluetooth), and I've tried finding similar issues on Google. No luck.

Can someone please help me sort this out?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello zovc,

We understand you have upgraded the wireless card on your computer after your factory installed adapter failed. About a month after installing the new adapter, the Bluetooth® module has started becoming disabled at random intervals.

Before we make any suggestion, it's important to mention that custom wireless upgrades (where the part was not acquired through your computer manufacturer) have limited support. It's not uncommon to see these type of integrations result in premature failure of the adapter, as it may have been customized for a differently branded system.

- Could you please try removing and reinstalling the drivers one more time, making sure to install the Bluetooth® driver before the WiFi package?

- Please share an Intel® System Support Utility report

1. Download the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® SSU

2. While connected to your WiFi network, run the scan for "everything."

3. Save and name the report.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello zovc,

We haven't heard back from you, has your issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos