Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P4600 2TB AIC SSD Specifications Wrong?

JMadd
New Contributor

intel_admin

I cannot seem to find accurate specs for this Device

SSDPEDKE020T701

I plan on using a set of these in a Pair of DL360 Gen9 for SQL server.

My concern is the Operating temperature Listed on Intel's Site is 35c. That seems extremely low.

Is that Ambient Air inlet operating temperature or Drive Operating Temperature? There's no way this thing runs below 90F when it's at load this must be wrong.

Because my ILO reports the PCIE area's idling in the mid 30 C range already with nothing in it.

But other Sites that List the Same Part # for sale show 55C As below in Newegg site.

https://www.newegg.com/global/de/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1B4-008A-000W9 Intel SSD SSDPEDKE020T701 DC P4600 2TB 1 2 Height PCIe 3.1x4 3D1 TLC Single - Newegg.com

Does someone have Actual Specs for this Exact device.@@

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello JDM_MBX,

Thanks for posting. We've confirmed through our internal documentation that the operating temperature range for Intel® SSD DC P4600 Series is 0°C to 35°C.I'm going to inform the appropriate team about the difference in specifications on Newegg* website.Best regards,Eugenio F.

JMadd
New Contributor

intel_corp Eugenio F.

Operating Temp of 35C is vague Does this mean Ambient Air Temp should be between 0-35c

Say my Inlet air temp on my Server is 78F exhaust is 85-90F Will this device still function properly then.

CDW also needs to update their Operating temp aswell.

https://www.cdw.com/product/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-DC-P4600-Series-solid-state-drive-2-TB-PCI-Ex/46... Intel Solid-State Drive DC P4600 Series - solid state drive - 2 TB - PCI Ex

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello JDM_MBX,

Thanks for your reply. As you suggest, when it says the operating temperature is 0°C to 35°C it refers to the airflow from the server towards the AIC SSD. The drive should perform fine under those conditions.I'll report about the differences between vendors and our official specifications for this SSD series. Again, thanks for bringing this to our attention.Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.Best regards,Eugenio F.