Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4750 Discussions

power 5V for SSD in 1208WTTGSR

AVerb4
Beginner

Hi . Where I can get power 5V for SSD disk attached to sata port 4 on platform in 1208WTTGSR ?

Port 4 sata & port5 sata are inside platform (on image )

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Traian,

Could you please let us know what kind of drive configuration you are going to use?

Best regards,

Carlos_Intel

0 Kudos
AVerb4
Beginner

I want to configure raid 10 of 5 disks : 4 + 1 Hot Spare

4 SSD I can paste in front panel (basket) / They are connect to Sata 0-3 + 1 disk I want to connect to port sata 4 . But I don't know - where can take power for 5-th disk

All disks : Intel SSD3610 400 GB

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Traian,

The Intel® Server System R1208WTTGSR has the option to add till 8 drives in the front panel.

This is a 1U chassis this uses only the front panel to set disks and that board has those two extra SATA port because the board model is also used to be set in another kind of chassis.

Did you set the 5 drives in the front?

Best Regards

Carlos_Intel

0 Kudos
AVerb4
Beginner

I can't configure raid of 5 disks , because in front panel : 1-4 basket - sata 0-3 , 5-8 basket - sSATA .

5-th drive its part of ssata .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello traian ,

We just realized that you are apparently using the embedded RAID solution.

There is no way to connect the optional white SATA ports as the chassis does not have available power connectors.

In order to be able to create a RAID 10 with that amount of drives, you will need to have a RAID Controller.

These are some options that may fit your setup:

AdaptecRAID88058805 (PCIe 3.0 x8, 12Gb/s, 1GB cache, SAS-Enterprise, 8 internal ports, RAID Controller)ActiveLSIRAIDLSI004179361-8i (PCIe 3.0 x8, 12Gb/s, 1GB cache, SAS-Enterprise, 8 internal ports, RAID Controller)ActiveIntelRAIDRS3DC080RS3DC080 (PCIe 3.0 x8, 12Gb/s, 1GB cache, SAS-Enterprise, 8 internal ports, RAID Controller)Active

Please let me know if this information fits your needs.

Best regards.

Carlos_Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello traian ,

Hope you are doing fine.

We are wondering if you have further questions or if we are able to close this thread.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Carlos_Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello traian,

We would like to know if any of the previously mentioned options feed your needs.

Best Regards

Charlie_Intel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello traian,

We have not heard from you in regards to this case, we are going to proceed and close this thread.

If you have further questions you can always open a new one.

Thanks for contacting Intel.

Best regards.

Charlie_Intel.
0 Kudos