Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Jouabilité dans VSK5

RChab1
Beginner

Bonjour,

Je suis accro au jeu en ligne VSK5 (ou 32ndAmerica's Cup) de Nadeo.

La jouabilité de ce jeu se dégrade ( images de plus en plus saccadées) lorsque le nombre de joueurs en ligne augmente.

La mise à jour du processeur graphique n'a rien changé.

Intel® Pentium® CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz

Pilote pour graphiques Intel®pour Windows * [15.33] Dernière version: x.x.x.4885

Version installée: x.x.x.4885

À jour

en pièce jointe : Voici les réglages actuels (les moins mauvais).

Y-a t'il des réglages du jeu qui puissent améliorer la jouabilité ?

Merci de vos informations

Roland

(Google translation)

Hi,

I'm addicted to Nadeo's VSK5 (or 32ndAmerica's Cup) online game. The gameplay of this game is getting worse (more and more jerky pictures) as the number of online players increases.

The update of the graphics processor did not change anything.

Intel® Pentium® CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz

Intel Graphics Driver for Windows * [15.33] Latest Version: x.x.x.4885

Installed version: x.x.x.4885

Up to date

Attached file : Here are the current settings (the least bad).

Are there any game settings that can improve gameplay?

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
17 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team, Rocha73.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with a DxDiag* report. Please follow these steps to generate it:
  1. 1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  2. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  3. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it to your desktop).
  4. 4. Attach the txt file that was generated. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
Furthermore, can you describe a little bit more about the issue you are facing in this game? I will appreciate if you can attach a screenshot of a video of the issue as well. Additionally, what is the resolution and refresh rate set on your display? Finally, can you update the BIOS of your system?

Antony S.

0 Kudos
RChab1
Beginner

Hi Antony,

First of all, thanks for your promptness answer.

Joined files are :

1. DxDiag.txt as you asked for

2. Minimum spécifications from the game provider (Nadeo)

3. Automatic itself configuration by the game when installing.

4. a Youtube link.txt...

I filmed the screen during the game... So You can see how jerky the images are from 0 sec to +39 sec.

At 40 sec I go from full screen to windowed screen then back at 46 sec to full screen : (amazing) Old screen pictures appears and long time to change.

At the end of video you can see how the boat wake is interrupted and long time to come back.

All this unplesantness appears when online players number increase (more than 15 online players - 21 in this case).

Used screen resolution : 1600 x 900 and refresh rate is 60 Hz.

I did'nt update BIOS of my system (I don't how to do so).

Best Regards

Roland

0 Kudos
RChab1
Beginner

Here are used settings (english language)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for that information provided, Rocha73.

Please try installing the Graphics Drivers provided by your system manufacturer. Find the download link below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72810.exe http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72810.exe

Additionally, have you tried contacting the developers of the game just to double check if this is a known issue?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
RChab1
Beginner

Thank you Antony,

1. - sp72810.exe downloaded file could not install graphics drivers yoy recommanded because an error popup said (see attached file) :

" This system does not have the minimum required configuration for software installation ".

1. - I'll ask to Nadeo developers....(if they are alive :\)

Roland

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Rocha73.

I would like to know what response did you receive from the developers from the emulator?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
RChab1
Beginner

Hello Antony,

Unfortunately, there is no more support for this game.

I opened a ticket on the official forum of the game. Waiting for news...

I will inform you.

Best Regards

Roland

0 Kudos
RChab1
Beginner

Hi,

The gaming community (Virtual Skipper official forum) has not found a solution to this problem.

I updated some drivers.

Here is my dxdiag report.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for your reply. Rocha73.

Can you please provide me with the link to the thread that you opened with the Virtual Skipper Support?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
RChab1
Beginner

Thank you Antony,

Here is the link : http://forum.virtualskipper.com/viewtopic.php?t=11022 Virtual Skipper :: View topic - Jerky video display

Thanks for your help

Roland

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Rocha73.

I would like to clarify something: When the number of players is not high, does the issue occurs?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
RChab1
Beginner

Hello Antony S,

I confirm : the problem increases with the number of players. Till 15 players, the game is very fluid. With more of them things get worse. Pictures are jerking a lot when more than 20 players.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Rocha73. Thank you very much for clarifying that.

In this case, I would like to have a screenshot or video of the GPU and CPU utilization when the issue occurs. You can verify that on the Windows* Task Manager > Performance tab or using another software like http://www.fraps.com/ Fraps*.

Additionally, I was checking the requirements of VSK5 and it seems that this game is not optimized for Windows 7* or Windows 10*. Please run this game using the Windows* Compatibility mode; in order to achieve so, follow these steps:
  1. Right-click the shortcut of the VSK5.
  2. Click on Properties.
  3. Select the "Compatibility" tab.
  4. On the "Compatibility mode" section, mark the check of "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
  5. In the drop-down, select one of the OS that the http://virtualskipper.com/ system requirements of the VSK5 show.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
RChab1
Beginner

Hello Antony,

Thanks a lot for your help

1. - Here is a joined some files I recorded last days.

I hope they will help you

2. - Screen movie of CPU and GPU will be sent soon (not impressive imo with 18-20 players online).

3. - I tried many times to run the game (launcher.exe file and/or programm.exe itself file) with former windows compatibity mode. They were no issue. I will try it one more time.

Best Regards

Roland

0 Kudos
RChab1
Beginner

Hello Antony S,

Here are screen movies with CPU and CGU parameters when VSK game is running.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Rocha73. Thank you very much for attaching that information.

By checking the video of the utilization it seems that the hardware is not the problem since the usage of the CPU is not high. As previously mentioned, the VSK5 does not seem to be optimized for Windows 7* or Windows 10* so, in order to properly test this issue, please use a virtualizer such as https://www.qemu.org/ QEMU*, https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation-pro.html VMware Workstation* or https://www.virtualbox.org/ Oracle VM VirtualBox* and create a virtual machine with one of the supported Windows * versions of the VSK5 and run the emulator.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
RChab1
Beginner

Thanks Antony for your work.

...I agree with your analysis, but I'm not sure I'm able to install one of this virtual machine.

Never mind and never give up

Thank again and Best Regards

Roland

0 Kudos