Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Kodi crash when resuming HEVC video

KMick
Beginner

Hello,

Locked thread linked above described the problem with HEVC videos crashing while using DXVA2 decoding on Intel HD Graphics.

Answers in that thread say that the issue was solved with drivers version 15.47 for 6th Generation Graphics.

On my NUC6i3SYK (i3-6100U - so it's 6th generation) that exact problem occurs - I tested it on the most recent drivers (15.65) as well as on version 15.47.

Is the fact that i3-6100U is a mobile CPU a reason for that? Or should it work on new drivers anyway?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RonaldM_Intel

Hello kmic,

Let me look into this situation. I believe the Core i3-6100U has a hybrid HEVC decoder, thus would explain why the fix mentioned in the previous thread is not applicable.

Just to make sure I am not shooting in the dark, do you mind completing the information as shown here: /thread/77761 Default level information for reporting Graphics issues particularly the 'steps to reproduce'. I know this is also detailed in the previous thread, but I would like to check what are the variables in your case.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
KMick
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Resuming video encoded with x265 on Kodi results in Kodi crash.

Playing from the beginning of a video doesn't cause any problems.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel NUC6i3SYK

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

no

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-top: none; border-right: 1pt solid windowtext; border-bottom: 1pt solid windowtext; border-l...
0 Kudos