Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

I tried to install Intel GMA for my ASUS ROG motherboard not working

CLond
Beginner

Recently i had a issue on my computer after i formatted, the video not shown high quality such as slightly fuzzy or blurry during watches YouTube or movies. I've installed my mobo disk contains of intel products (audio, chipset, etc.) and updated my graphic driver but seems not working at all, so i decide to re-install GMA (Graphic Media Accelerator) in my motherboard, however it got denied access to install after i received a error message say the requirement has not met. Help?

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VI Formula

Graphic card: EVGA Nvidia GTX 760 OC 2GB

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Fizzy_Amp, thanks for joining the Intel Community.

We would strongly recommend customers to install the graphics drivers from the ASUS support site, since we provided generic drivers; and sometimes these cannot be installed on other systems or the installation of them could overwrite their customizations and possibly change the functionality of the graphics.

You can also try installing the drivers following these steps.

1. Download the Intel and NVidia graphics drivers from the ASUS support site.

2. Uninstall the NVidia graphics drivers using Device Manager and check the "Delete the driver software for this device" box

3. Next uninstall the Intel HD Graphics driver using Device Manager and check the "Delete the driver software for this device" box.

4. After rebooting, run the Intel HD Graphics driver installer, reboot when completed.

5. Next install the NVidia graphics driver, reboot when completed.

6. Test the system.

Thanks

Silvia L

CLond
Beginner

Thanks for replied, Silvia. There was no "Intel HD Graphics" under Device manager, i see only "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760". I had a installation disc when i started to use my computer after formatted. I assume it was first time that i built worked, but not this second time. I am trying if i can find a driver from ASUS because it has no "HD Graphics" under VGA section. My motherboard is Asus Maximus VI Formula. I will check back soon if i install intel driver may work.

0 Kudos
CLond
Beginner

Recently i was posted thread on Asus community forum about Intel VGA issue that not shown up and won't install after it said not meet requirements.

ASUS (ROG) community forum: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?58280-I-tried-install-VGA-driver-from-ASUS-site-it-said-not-meet-requirements&p=479122# post479122 I tried install VGA driver from ASUS site, it said not meet requirements

0 Kudos
CLond
Beginner

Not successful, also i tried to enter safe made for install Intel Graphics driver. However only Nvidia driver can be worked, so far i knew that installation disc for my motherboard worked when i built first time and has no problem at all. I checked their Intel Graphics driver version is same from download site, how i should fix this?

Screenshot of Motherboard Disc: http://i.imgur.com/ghWll2r.png http://i.imgur.com/ghWll2r.png

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Could you please attach the DX Diag report from your system? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

0 Kudos
CLond
Beginner

DXdiag

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Fizzy_Amp, I would recommend you to test the system without the video card in order to check if you are having the same behavior.

Remember that the use of an external video card will disable the onboard video.

These are the latest Graphics drivers available for your processor when using the onboard video

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24596/Intel-Iris-and-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24596/Intel-Iris-and-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit

0 Kudos
CLond
Beginner

Hi Sylvia, it is worked to install after removed the video card to testing my system. So I put the video card back on the onboard video, Intel driver has disappeared from the Device Manager. Default driver called "VGA Graphic adapter" has installed itself before ready to use. So you gave me the link to download Intel driver while my video card onboard already and it's worked again. But Intel driver has not appeared in Device Manager. I can say it was GPU's fault, probably i should RMA my video card. I appreciate for your great help! I will check back soon after deliver my video card back from RMA.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Fizzy_Amp no matter if you are using a video card, if you installed the Intel Graphics driver, the driver and the control panel will remains on device manager.

0 Kudos
CLond
Beginner

Hi there again, if Intel driver hasn't found a problem and why there is still slightly fuzzy while my video card running works and monitor seems everything normal? I tries to reset setting from BIOS, reinstall drivers, testing on my old monitor, and a lot of workaround, unless there is only found one driver missing but you said they remained in device manager, actually i'm so confused in this system. Maybe it was not a video card, maybe motherboard's bus interface corrupted after format, do you know if anyone has similar with this issue already formatted? I've cancelled in my mind that want RMAing card because i'm pretty sure it was not video card. Any idea?

0 Kudos