Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Can't send multiple files via bluetooth (Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 )

KA1
Beginner

Hi

When trying to send multiple files, 2 or more, the "send to> Bluetooth" won't be available, unless I select one item.

Can't pick more than one file at sending screen.

I can pick more files with Microsoft stack.

Any solution for this? Or shall I remove Intel Pro wireless and go back to Microsoft?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Black_horse,

File Transfer Over Bluetooth® Technology in fact allows sending only one file at a time when you are using Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology.

Please take into consideration that even though the "Send File To Bluetooth Device Wizard" can send a single file, several wizards can be launched simultaneously.

Even with this characteristic, we would not recommend to remove the Intel driver considering that besides the Bluetooth profiles, the driver also handles the way the adapter communicates and interacts with the operating system. Using a non-Intel driver may lead to unexpected behavior.

For further details, please refer to the following advisory:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034964.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034964.htm

We will forward your feedback to the proper resources, so this can be considered for future releases if possible.

KA1
Beginner

Thank you for the response.

But sending one file at time would take too long, as I commonly send multiple files to my phone via Bluetooth.

Can you tell me their respond to you if possible? I'd like to know if they will include it in future updates.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Black_horse,

At this time, there are no plans to increase the number of files that can be transferred via Bluetooth in a single action.

If you need to send multiple files and would like to avoid creating multiple Send File wizards, you may want to check if WiFi direct is supported in your phone and PC Operating System. WiFi direct provides similar functionality to Bluetooth, but uses WiFi connectivity.

A possible workaround would be to create a TAR or CAB file in your computer and then send it your phone (this would require 3rd party software in the devices to handle file compression).

0 Kudos
KA1
Beginner

That would make a one step task to a long unnecessary steps.

Compress > send > find application > decompress to folder , not to mention phone decompress speed.

Direct Wifi will make my Bluetooth pretty much useless. Plus won't be able to use it on devices with no internet.

If Intel doesn't have plans for making it, then I won't have plans for using it either.

New technology should make tasks faster and easier, not the other way around.

I'll get back to Microsoft stack or Toshiba.

Thank you very much Jonathan for assisting me on this issue.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Hi black_horse, What is the OS?

0 Kudos
KA1
Beginner

Windows 8 Build 9200.

0 Kudos