Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel Graphics 4000 wont update

MPati3
Beginner

Have here a HP pavilion G7 2247 with the icore 3 2.40 Ghz Processor.

Well i've checked my windows update and it says there a update for my laptop graphics card intel 4000 but when i downloaded the update for windows 8.1 it is saying that the update is not compatible with my laptop, i know my stuff and i've been doing research on this,

i downloaded the right update for this graphic card but its not runnable on my windows 8.1

So just looking for the right update for this.

my most current update right now is 10.18.10.3277 Date:8/19/2013

Looking for the most CURRENT update. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi

Your system has an Intel HD Graphics driver that has been customized by HP specifically for your system. They usually add customization for docking behavior, power saving, display color and brightness settings, etc.

You can however overwrite the customized drivers with the generic Intel HD Graphics drivers but you will lose any HP customizations to the driver. If you do want to install the generic driver, follow the following instructions exactly. If you are not happy with the updated driver you can always roll back to the HP customized driver or re-install the HP driver.

Download the zip version of the Intel HD Graphics driver here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24593 64 bit version

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24592 32 bit version

Unzip the file to a folder on your desktop and follow these steps.

1. Login with administrator privileges

2. Open Control Panel

3. Open Device Manager

4. Click on "Display adapters"

5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"

6. Click on the "Driver" tab

7. Click on "Update Driver" button

8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"

9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

10. Click on "Have Disk" button

11. Click "Browse"

12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to

13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder

14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS</span>

15. Click "OK"

16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.

17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot.

Thanks

Robert