Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Advanced-N 6235 A2DP Support - Bose Soundlink Bluetooth Headphone

NSteb
Beginner

I am running Windows 7 64-bit on an HP Elitebook Folio 9470m laptop. I am trying to connect a Bose Soundlink Bluetooth headphone to the computer for playing audio. This particular laptop uses the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 Network Adapter with Bluetooth. I installed the Intel Driver Update utility that installed the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth technology for Windows 7 64-bit (WT) version 17.1.1411.01 and the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers (Windows 7 64-bit) version 15.15.0.1. After rebooting I went into Devices and Printer in Windows and added a device. I made the Bose headphones discoverable, saw them in the Add Device Window and successfully added them. I went into the Control Panel / Sound and the Bose headphones is enabled and configured as playback device. All Bluetooth Services are running (Device Monitor, Media Service, OBEX Service, Support Service and base Service). I don't see anything unusual in the Windows Event logs.

Sound will not play through the headphones and I can't configure them - they appear grayed out in the Devices/Printers window. I contacted Bose technical support and they told me that it is likely that the Intel drivers don't support the A2DP protocol and therefore the Bose headphones won't work. I've scoured the Internet forums looking for a solution or confirmation positive or negative and couldn't ascertain whether what I am trying to do is possible.

The headphones work fine with my iPhone and iPad and Dell desktop using a Broadcom bluetooth chipset.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello NickS,

The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology supports Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) as source and sink, under Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1). You can find this information in the following advisory:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034935.htm Supported Features of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology

Please consider the following recommendations about this issue:

- Confirm that you have Windows 7 SP1.

- We advise you to use the drivers from your OEM (HP) as first option. In order to do this, please download the most recent WiFi and Bluetooth drivers from HP and save the files to your computer.

- In Control Panel - Programs, Uninstall Intel® PROset/Wireless Software and Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®.

- In Control Panel - Device Manager, go to Network Adapters, right-click on the Intel® Centrino Advanced-N 6235, and select Uninstall, make sure to mark the option "Delete the driver software for this device".

Also in Control Panel - Device Manager, under Bluetooth radios, uninstall the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®, selecting the option to delete the driver as well.

- Install the Wireless Adapter driver you downloaded from the OEM; then install the Bluetooth® drivers as well.