Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Problem updating my Intel Wireless-N 7260 driver

BBalf
Beginner

Hello all. I do not know why but I am having the hardest time trying to update the driver for my Intel Wireless-N 7260 wireless card. I've went to the correct support page and downloaded the right driver but when I proceed to install the driver it still shows the driver as being the older version instead of the latest version.

Currently I have version 17.13.11.5 installed and it's dated as 12/8/2014. I have the newest driver file which is 1/26/15. I double clicked on the newest driver to install it but I get absolutely no prompt that it's starting to install or anything. How can I get the newest one installed correctly? Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Bsquared,

Did the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 come installed you in your computer when you bought it?

Try this first, clean uninstall all related driver from device manager, make sure no file is left behind, then, proceed with the installation again.

*Important: If your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 came installed in your computer when you bought it we recommend that you get all the drivers from your computer manufacturer first.

If not, go to our download center and reinstall the latest driver according to your O.S. Click in this link : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3716 Intel® Download Center

0 Kudos
BBalf
Beginner

Thanks for the reply! Yes, the Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 did come installed with my laptop when I purchased it. I have a Toshiba P55-A5312. I've already checked the Toshiba support page for my particular laptop and the support page still has all of the older drivers listed.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Bsquared,

We suggest to install the drivers from the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) as they are customized to fit your system as it may contain additional features and has been tested and approved by the manufacturer. According to your information, you already have the latest Intel driver version (17.13.11.X). . What is listed in our download center as version 17.14.0 is our latest Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software, the driver version remains the same.

0 Kudos