Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel/Toshiba Bluetooth Drivers in Win7?

idata
Employee

I have an HP Envy running Windows 7. This month the Windows Update Services offered an update from Toshiba Bluetooth update and I installed it. This driver is a 30 day trial.

Intel licensed their Bluetooth stuff from Toshiba. Unfortunately, I can't uninstall this once it updates. Also, I have no way to contact Toshiba since have no products from them directly.

Can you please talk to Toshiba and coordinate your drivers better. Also, I noticed Intel released in Updated Bluetooth Driver in the new Intel Driver Utility but what Toshiba installs(Client tools) and what you install are different(Bluetooth Server).

0 Kudos
10 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Residentx10,

We would like to get additional information about this, as the software update may have been be provided by Microsoft Windows*, not by Intel. In fact, the new Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology version 17.1.1411.01 was released a few weeks ago, but this may not be related to the Windows update you mentioned.

Please let us know the exact model of your PC, wireless adapter model, and if your OS is 32 or 64 bits.

Go to control panel, Programs and features and check if the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® is installed in your computer.

From control panel, device manager, under Bluetooth Radios, check the model of your Bluetooth Adapter and the driver version currently installed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jonathan_intel,

I have an HP Envy Pro Ultrabook 4 with Intel Proset with Windows 64 bit. The detailed specs can be found here, http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?ssf=1&sp4ts.oid=5295093&lang=en&cc=us Drivers & Software for HP ENVY Pro Ultrabook - HP Support Center.

This is what is in my control panel. I just updated this over the weekend but it's showing 17.14.0

Here is my Bluetooth settings:

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Residentx10,

The Toshiba software recommended by Windows* Updates is not related to Intel. Since it is a 3rd party software, we cannot comment on its features or the way it works. If you require more information about that software, we advise you to contact Microsoft or Toshiba.

The information from device manager shows that the computer is using the Bluetooth driver from Intel.

And in Programs and Features, the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software you highlighted is for the WiFi component, the software installed with the Bluetooth driver should appear as "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth®".

The most recent version, Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® 17.1.1411.01 can be found at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3622 Intel® Download Center.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So let me get this right, Intel doesn't license Toshiba Bluetooth equipment/Chips? ProSet is purely an Intel product?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My drivers says above says "17.1.1411.504"

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for your comments, I didn't really understand it until I looked at my Bluetooth stuff again. Now how do I get this off so I can install the intel stuff

One more thing, why didn't this show up in the Intel website Driver's detection? This is how I got the other Proset Drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm making progress now. I've commented on Toshiba's website and they've acknowledged this. I'm going to the Intel link now for the Bluetooth drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It says I already have the drivers

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is resolved. I found the Toshiba Drivers and uninstalled the drivers. I couldn't do this from the installer. I had to go into the device manager and remove it. Look for BlueRFScomm or something.

But this is the Intel Bluetooth Driver working now...I hope

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Residentx10,

I am glad that we were able to resolve your inquiry.

The Bluetooth stack from Toshiba is not related to Intel, however, installation and use of 3rd party software like this is a decision of each user.

Based on the screenshots you provided, it seems Bluetooth is working normally.

The Intel® Wireless adapters, Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® and Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software are original Intel products, you should not require any additional software for the basic functions of our devices.

0 Kudos