Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Are You Aware Of This Problem? HD 630 Not Supporting Multi-monitor After Reboot (Power Down)

TSong4
Beginner

It works initially after cables are inserted. But after rebooting Windows or the Intel driver is no longer able to detect the 2nd monitor after powering down and back on. Strange thing is if I switch the video output ports (Display Port to DVI) it starts working again and stops after powering and rebooting.

I have checked other forums on the internet with similar problem and found no answers, so I came here.

Problem occurs every single time.

Installed the latest HD 630 drivers (win64_24.20.100.6229.exe), same problem. I am not sure if the problem is with Windows or the drivers.

BIOS has enable multi-display support enabled.

Asus Prime Z270 (0604 revision BIOS)

Intel i7-7700K

32GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 1080 (drives primary display for gaming)

The HD 630 drives monitors 2 and 3 (desktop)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Tae_Song,

Thank you for joining the Intel Communities.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Are you using straight video cables or are you using some type of adapter/splitter/converter?

I noticed that you have a Nvidia GTX 1080 installed, does the same issue happen if you remove the video card and connect the monitors to the Intel GPU?

If possible let me know the model number of the monitors.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Tae Song,

I was wondering if you still need assistance regarding the multi-monitor issue you were having. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos