Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Multicamera Sync HW Setup

EKahn
Beginner

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement multicamera hardware sync for point cloud capture, with simple passive ESD protection as described in the white paper. I ordered 4x D415 and all the connectors and cables from Digi-Key as instructed.

I'm curious about how everyone who has built this is handling the physical connections between the cameras, specifically the cleanest way to attach passive components and connect the ground and sync cables. Are folks just soldering together the connectors on the ends of the shielded cables? What's the best way to get the parallel RC's as close to the camera as possible, deadbug SMTs or forcing through-hole leads into the connector crimps? Is there a reference design for a breakout PCB to handle all these connections?

Thanks all!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Wormyrocks,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense Technology.

The whitepaper in the link below, details how to setup and use Intel® RealSense™ D400 series cameras in a multiple camera configuration. It explores a number of the important considerations for capturing 3D depth and color.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/RealSense_Multiple_Camera_WhitePaper.pdf

Have a look and let me know if this is helpful in your query.

Thank you very much in advance,

Casandra

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Wormyrocks,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense Technology.

The whitepaper in the link below, details how to setup and use Intel® RealSense™ D400 series cameras in a multiple camera configuration. It explores a number of the important considerations for capturing 3D depth and color.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/RealSense_Multiple_Camera_WhitePaper.pdf

Have a look and let me know if this is helpful in your query.

Thank you very much in advance,

Casandra
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi wormyrocks,

Was the answer provided helpful?

Do you have further questions?

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos