Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

I219-LM Team Windows 10 Ent x64 1803

AFern2
Beginner

Hi,

I currently have support request 03529552 in for this issue but I am posting to see if the community had an answer to my query.

I have 5x HP z8 G4 workstations and each machine has the following on-board Ethernet adapters: 1x I219-LM and 1x X722 1Gb

I would like to team both adapters together under 802.3ad dynamic link aggregation.

I did a fresh install of Win 10 Enterprise x64 1803 with the latest Intel drivers v23.2 from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10

However the teaming and VLAN tabs never show up under the device manager (screenshots attached).

Anyone have any idea what else I can do before I go out and purchase 5x I350-T2 2-Port 1Gb NICs (with no guarantee that it will work)?

I have also attached the output of the SSU tool.

Thanks,

Asela

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Asela.fernando,

Thank you for posting in Intel Wired Ethernet Communities. Please check with HP if these integrated Ethernet controllers support teaming, and if HP provides a driver for the function. We recommend the vendor drivers for integrated Ethernet controllers. The Intel driver does not provide support for ANS teaming on the X722; see page 4 table 3 of the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/release-notes/x722-etherenet-connection-feature-matrix.pdf?asset=14981 Feature Matrix for details. HP may have a driver that will support Advanced Network Services on these devices. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Asela.fernando,

Please let us know if HP was able to assist you with this issue. If you still need assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Daniel D
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Asela.fernando,

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Best regards,

Daniel D
0 Kudos
AFern2
Beginner

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately HP were unable to assist other than requesting I purchase part V4A91AA

Thanks,

Asela

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Asela.fernando,

Thank you for the reply. HP may not offer support for Advanced Network Services on the X722 as well. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Daniel D
0 Kudos