Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

Wireless-AC 7265 driver updates result in BSOD Error

idata
Employee

We are having difficulty installing newer drivers for the Wireless AC 7265 adapter. We get BSOD errors on at least 50% of the computers (Windows 7 x64) we are testing with, when installing the newer drivers.

We originally were trying to install the v.19.1.0.4 driver, but with the BSODs we had, we decided it might have to do with that newest version; so, we backed off to v.18.33.3.2 and it errors out too. The test targets were on v.1712.0.6.

I looked through the discussion topic "Wireless-AC 7265 BSOD". And while that was Windows 10, the situation is very similar to what I'm seeing. In my situation, though, the machines get the BSOD as soon as they reboot after installing the new driver.

One word of note: in our situation, we are uninstalling the Intel ProSet client (which removes whatever driver version that came with it, leaving the original driver version - v.17.12.0.6) and then installing the updated Intel driver. The reasons for uninstalling ProSet will be discussed in another discussion post unrelated to the BSOD situation.

Any help would be appreciated.

ps. - I do not have the dump files, nor have I diagnosed them because these systems are scattered geographically as we are a global company.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello keith_newell,

We understand you're experiencing system crashes after installing updated drivers for your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 adapters. We will need to get more information and possibly suggest some more troubleshooting before we're able to isolate the root cause of your BSOD errors.

For this adapter model, the latest driver version available is 18.33.5.1, which is included in our PROSet Wireless Software and Drivers package version 19.40.0.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006024.html Current Intel® Wireless Adapters Software and Driver Versions.

- http://Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers.

In order to better assist you, we would like to have some more information:

1. Have you tested this driver yet, or are you using the drivers provided by your computer manufacturer?

2. What is the brand and model of the computers experiencing this issue?

3. How are these drivers being deployed (manually, through the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005730.html silent installation method, etc)?

4. Did driver version 17.12.0.6 work without issues, or is this the inbox driver version?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

1. Have you tested this driver yet, or are you using the drivers provided by your computer manufacturer? I have not tested 18.33.5.1 yet. I have downloaded it and we will try shortly. We have tried the 18.33.3.2 version and got BSOD errors.

2. What is the brand and model of the computers experiencing this issue? The biggest issue is with the Dell Latitude E7250.

3. How are these drivers being deployed (manually, through the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005730.html silent installation method, etc)? We've tried both; we typically push a packaged silent installation.

4. Did driver version 17.12.0.6 work without issues, or is this the inbox driver version? We have the 17.12.0.6 version in our Windows 7 deployment process (We deploy Windows via task sequence using MDT 2013.).
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Keith_newell,

Please test this new driver and let us know if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Keith_newell,

Please let us know if there was any change with the new driver, or in case you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos