Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14538 Discussions

Thermal sensor issue i5-7600k

DY
Beginner

Very similar to the 7700k thread in the link below, I'm having very similar temperature spikes doing mundane things like opening browsers. I left a comment in that thread, but thought it was also worth discussing independently to at least bring some attention to it.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello maxamilus,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I appreciate you took the time to report this.

The case is still under investigation and any further information, once available, will be posted on the /thread/110728 thread you shared.

I recommend you to keep posted to that thread.

Please don't hesitate in contacting us back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
ICitr
Novice

Juan,

The thread in question, /thread/110728 Thermal sensor issue i7-7700k? , is marked as "Assumed Answered". Could you have it changed back to "Not Answered" so that it remains on moderators' radar.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello maxamilus,

Probably it was marked as "Assumed Answered" by another peer as the case is under investigation.

I can assure that every single post is being checked regardless the status of the thread.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
ICitr
Novice
0 Kudos
DY
Beginner

Thank you Juan for the follow up. I just wanted to make sure it was clear that my issue is for the 7600k, and not the 7700k. I'm unsure if the investigation includes non-7700 series processors.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello maxamilus,

You are welcome.

In this case, it includes the unlocked processors (K versions), it is not limited to a specific model.

Best Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
EFras
Beginner

Hi, Juan, I am currently having the same issue but with a regular i5 7600 (not the unlocked k version), is there any informations about it??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello edward_frasson,

In this case, I recommend you to post this information on /thread/110728 this thread even if it is not an unlocked version.

This is currently being investigated and any information or outcome will be posted there.

Best Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos