Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

I217-V problems

igagn
Beginner

Intel I217-V NIC on Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H motherboard running windows 10. I have been fighting this thing for months now.

Intermittently losing connection / disabling ethernet

Sometimes it come back on its own, sometimes it requires disabling and enabling the device from device manager. Most of the time it it fails to enable the device and comes back with code 10 in device manager.

Attempted fixes:

*Disabling and re-enabling device from BIOS

*Turning WOL off in BIOS

*Downloading latest Intel drivers

*Downloading drivers from Gigabyte

*Using drivers that come with windows 10

*Various tweaks on advanced tab for the device in device manager (both when working and not)

-EEE (Efficient ethernet) off

-Various offloading options off

-Transmit and receive buffers to 2048

-WOL off

-Wait for link in all 3 positions

Additionally I have noticed that sometimes detailed options for the device show up in BIOS and sometimes they do not. Hence I believe that the problem is not only OS/Driver related, it may require re-flashing or otherwise resetting the device

The only thing I can think of that I would not be able to fix/try is disabling the Ultra Low Power, I have seen others mention. This requires special utility as far as I remember.

As of writing this the problem is there, I have been trying for hours to make the connection come back with no results. I am not able to flash the device with BootUtil because it hasnt come back to life yet, although I will try that when and if it finally comes back to life.

If anyone has any suggestions PLEASE chime in, this is driving me crazy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Looperx,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Community.

Ultra low power is a feature on I218.

Based from the attempted fixes, you may consider checking with

Gigabyte support for hardware isolation since error code 10 would normally indicate hardware issue.

regards,

Vince

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Looperx,

Please let us know if you still need assistance regarding I218.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos