Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Accidently lost Intel Graphics ... how to recover?

VDown
Beginner

In troubleshooting a color correction problem on my Win7 64-bit system, I naively changed a setting via the system tray icon:

Graphics Options >> Output to >> Digital Display (I believe it was previously set to Extended Desktop)

Now I get a "No Signal" message on my monitor ... so I've pretty much lost use of the PC.

Restoring to last good configuration doesn't work, because I've rebooted too many times trying different things. "Last good" has lost its meaning.

I can boot in Safe Mode and can then disable the Intel driver ... which lets me then boot in 640 x 480 mode. But I can't find any way to run the Intel Graphics and Media Control Center.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello contours ,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

What is you processor model to find the proper driver for your system?

Please reply with the DxDiag to check what driver is the required for your system.

DxDiag Instructions:
  1. Click on the "Start Menu" -> Type "DxDiag" -> Press "Enter" -> Wait for the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to finish loading
  2. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click "Save All Information" -> Save the file DxDiag.txt
  3. Include DxDiag.txt as an attachment in the Intel Community Forum

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance, if you still need further assistance I will appreciate if you could provide us with the information requested above.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos