Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

need graphics driver xp 32

aarth2
Beginner

My son's old Dell won't run Roblox.

Roblox says maybe the graphics driver isn't up to date. It runs DX9 alright.

Current driver is Intel ialmrnt5.dll according to dxdiag.

Is there any help out there?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to provide a lot more information - Desktop? Laptop? Make and model? Processor? Graphics on board or add on card?

Also, XP support will be limited.

Doc

0 Kudos
aarth2
Beginner

Sorry, yes. It is an Optiplex 170L. That's a Desktop. Comes with a 2GHz Intel P4. Has onboard graphics.

Has PCI slots only. I'll buy a PCI card maybe if I can get clues as to a useful one. I have an ATI7000 I've been told isn't worth putting in.

0 Kudos
aarth2
Beginner

Thanks for that. Didn't help. That's the driver we already have. Looks like the correct answer is There's No Help Out There.

I've sent for a PCI card. A 5450. That might help.

Thanks for trying.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, there is an answer: Your 82865G supports DirectX 8. Look at this link under older graphics products, the last entry:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005524.html Supported APIs and Features for Intel® Graphics Drivers

If you want more current features, you need a different graphics controller.

Also, XP has been dead for more than two years now. Time to move on - in my opinion.

Doc

0 Kudos
aarth2
Beginner

That's not an answer.

The question was is there any help?

The context requiring help was a computer running DX9 and the latest available driver is still not good enough for Roblox. So it is actually 'supporting' DX9 right now.

The 'help' required is an improvement on that situation.

There is no help for that. Another computer doesn't qualify as 'help'. That's not an improvement in the context of that computer.

I'll put a card in and see what that does. If that fixes it then that's the answer. If it doesn't then it's as I said: no help. Correct answer is: no help.

I see you seem to have marked your own answer as 'correct answer'. A little arrogant, I think?

And your remark about moving on is a little impertinent, too. You have no knowledge of the situation in our household, how many computers we run, what systems run on them, what we do with them, what we have them for. Whether or not we have 'moved on' is beyond your orbit and not pertinent to the question.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

XP is no longer supported. Your graphics controller is no longer supported.

Doc

0 Kudos