Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

unable to install integrated graphic 530 driver

malja2
Beginner

after clean win 10 installation

the display adapter for the integrated graphic is Microsoft basic adapter instead of Intel 530

and even though the gforce960m in installed it does not work with games and I get your system does not have the minimum requirement "CCGO"

I tried updating the driver using device manager online, download the driver from Lenovo and browse select, and by let me pick from a list of available drives (which Intel HD graphic is present here )

also, I tried updating using the file I download from Lenovo

also, I tried driver pack software and Lenovo system update software

the result I got is :

1-a win crash with a buzzing sound and black screen when the screen it tries to flicker

2- a black screen when try to flicker then the keyboard be responsive for a while then it froze

in either case, a force restart and the driver goes back Microsoft basic adapter

3- I used ddu "Display Driver Uninstaller" to uninstall the driver in safe mode and then installed the driver with exe file the driver but when I restart it stuck at boot with the Lenovo logo even the animation of the circle dot get stuck.

I have been trying for 5 days I tried everything I can think of turn off intel security in bios, off virtual support, switch graphics card or just integrated graphic, EFI installation of windows or bios installation.

also tried unplugging everything from the motherboard even the screen and external screen same thing

I tried booting windows 7 blue screen in first boot

I tried installing Linux mint but I get an error while installing about mcc0 (known issue apparently)

I also tried after updating the bios same thing

I am tired sleepy and angry

any idea will be appreciated especially if there is ant test to make sure if it a hardware issue

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Can you name the exact model of your rig? Problems should be specific for it.

Even better create a report with https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Try drivers from this list https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88345/Intel-HD-Graphics-530 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 530 (Select OS from right pulldown menu).

If you encounter an error message about validation, then install driver via "have disk method" as described at:

www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface

(ignore prolog about MS surface)

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This appears to be a laptop with hybrid graphics (i.e. both NVIDIA and Intel Graphics in use). For systems with hybrid graphics, you should only be using graphics drivers downloaded from the system vendor's website. Newer drivers from Intel should not be used; they will not have the modifications to handle the hybrid graphics hardware.

...S

0 Kudos