Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel server system SR2612URR

jhalv2
Beginner

HI

This server is EOL. and the last supported OS is Windows server 2012 (Not R2).

My question is - have anyone tried it successfully with Windows server 2012R2 ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Elray,

Thanks for posting, that's an interesting question. As you mention, these devices are no longer supported by Intel nor development is being conducted for it which makes resources quite limited, however, I'll make some digging in previous cases and will be back with you soon.

Kenneth R.

Intel Custromer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Elray,

I hope you enjoyed the holidays and would like to ask if further assistance is required or the information provided previously answered to your question and the trend can be set as closed.

In any case I'll stayed tuned to your comments.

Best regards,

Kenneth R.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Elray,

After further review, I could not find any previous case or trend to back up the possibility of running this OS, hence, the safe play here is to go with any of the OS validated to avoid any unforeseen issue.

If this answers to your question and the trend can be closed or if further assistance is required please let me know, either way I'll stay tuned to your comments.

Kenneth R.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
jhalv2
Beginner

Hi

Thanks for Your opinion - the customer will not be advised to upgrade it to Windows server 2012R2.

This case can be closed.

0 Kudos