Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Problems with realsense_samples_ros with Realsense Robotic Development Kit (R200 with UP Board)

MSimo4
Beginner

Hi,

I recently got a second Realsense Robotic Development Kit and I am having problems compiling the realsense_samples_ros (which I have managed to do previously on an identical board!)

I have followed succesfully all the instalation instructions at https://01.org/developerjourney/recipe/intel-realsense-robotic-development-kit Intel RealSense Robotic Development Kit | Developer Journey . The board is using Ubuntu 16.04.03.

Then I have followed the instructions in https://github.com/IntelRealSense/realsense_samples_ros GitHub - IntelRealSense/realsense_samples_ros: Sample code illustrating how to develop ROS applications using the Intel®… but when running catkin_make the process does not finish at a 100%, with the following output:

[ 98%] Built target realsense_ros_person

CMakeFiles/realsense_ros_person_sample.dir/src/sample/TrackingRenderer/Viewer.cpp.o: In function `Viewer::Viewer(bool)':

Viewer.cpp:(.text+0x97): undefined reference to `cv::namedWindow(cv::String const&, int)'

Viewer.cpp:(.text+0xc9): undefined reference to `cv::setMouseCallback(cv::String const&, void (*)(int, int, int, int, void*), void*)'

Viewer.cpp:(.text+0xda): undefined reference to `cv::startWindowThread()'

Viewer.cpp:(.text+0x106): undefined reference to `cv::namedWindow(cv::String const&, int)'

Viewer.cpp:(.text+0x117): undefined reference to `cv::startWindowThread()'

CMakeFiles/realsense_ros_person_sample.dir/src/sample/TrackingRenderer/Viewer.cpp.o: In function `Viewer::ShowImage(cv::Mat)':

Viewer.cpp:(.text+0x1dd): undefined reference to `cv::imshow(cv::String const&, cv::_InputArray const&)'

Viewer.cpp:(.text+0x1ff): undefined reference to `cv::waitKey(int)'

CMakeFiles/realsense_ros_person_sample.dir/src/sample/TrackingRenderer/Viewer.cpp.o: In function `Viewer::ShowDepth(cv::Mat)':

Viewer.cpp:(.text+0x29f): undefined reference to `cv::imshow(cv::String const&, cv::_InputArray const&)'

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

realsense_samples_ros/realsense_ros_person/CMakeFiles/realsense_ros_person_sample.dir/build.make:209: recipe for target '/home/salup/catkin_ws/devel/lib/realsense_ros_person/realsense_ros_person_sample' failed

make[2]: *** [/home/salup/catkin_ws/devel/lib/realsense_ros_person/realsense_ros_person_sample] Error 1

CMakeFiles/Makefile2:399: recipe for target 'realsense_samples_ros/realsense_ros_person/CMakeFiles/realsense_ros_person_sample.dir/all' failed

make[1]: *** [realsense_samples_ros/realsense_ros_person/CMakeFiles/realsense_ros_person_sample.dir/all] Error 2

Makefile:138: recipe for target 'all' failed

make: *** [all] Error 2

Invoking "make -j4 -l4" failed

It seems to be some linking problem with opencv, but I cannot find the cause of the error. Has anyone experience something similar before, or does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Marcos

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mirrijakys,

We are going to escalate your inquiry as a consultation to a higher department this in order to try to provide you with a solution.

We will reply to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mirrijakys,

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

In order to further assist you we would like to know the model of the Intel® RealSense™ Camera that you are using, this based on the fact that this guide on how to develop OSRF® ROS* applications was created to be used with the Intel® RealSense™ ZR300 camera.

If you are using the R200 you will experience incompatibility issues or it won't work at all since these samples only work with ZR300.

I hope you find this information helpful.

We will be looking forward for your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
MSimo4
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is not an incompatibility with the camera, the problem is that I cannot compile the realsense_samples_ros. Has anyone had this problem before?

Kind regards,

Marcos

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mirrijakys,

Thank you for your reply.

We are going to further investigate on your request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards.

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
MSimo4
Beginner

Hi,

This has been now solve, please look here:

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/realsense_samples_ros/pull/29 Update CMakeLists.txt by zhangzhouyuan · Pull Request # 29 · IntelRealSense/realsense_samples_ros · GitHub

Kind regards,

Marcos Simón

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mirrijakys,

Thank you for your reply.

We appreciate that you took the time to share this information with the community.

Please let us know if further assistance is required or if we can close this case.

We will be looking forward for your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos