Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Graphics glitch using MPC-HC on Intel HD 520

AMorg4
Beginner

Hello there...

For two weeks, without actively changing anything, I have random glitches watching pretty much any video using Media Player Classic.

According to Windows (10, 64bit, Build 15063), it has automatically updated the graphics drivers (to 23.20.16.4877), so I am suspecting the issue lies here.

About two or three times per hour of watching, there is a single glitch at the right border of the screen, varying in vertical position.

The glitch lasts exactly one frame.

It is not in the video file, but I have managed to take a screengrab by using the windows screen recording tool:

Going back a few seconds and watching the same scene again does not reproduce the issue, the occurence of the glitch seems to be totally random.

I have ruled out various software that could be the cause, like Discord and its overlay feature, the Windows gaming bar and a few others.

Other media players or the Windows Netflix app do not produce the glitch.

Does anyone here have any idea?

Thanks in advance

- Andi

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello

We received your inquiry and I understand that you are having a glitch with windows media player classic. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. We will be more than happy looking for a solution.

Upon reviewing the information on your case we were able to verify that the Intel® HD Graphics 520 is up to date, we will like to replicate the scenario, for that could you provide us with the following:

Brand and model of your computer/motherboard: (Please provide)

The version of the windows media player classic: (Please provide)

Codecs pack version: (Please provide)

Regards,

Leonardo C.
0 Kudos
AMorg4
Beginner

Hello and thanks for the reply!

Here is the necessary information:

Brand and model of your computer/motherboard:

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/ci543-nano-1 https://www.zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/ci543-nano-1

The version of the windows media player classic:

MPC-HC (64-bit)

---------------

Build information:

Version: 1.7.13 (e37826845)

Compiler: MSVC v19.00.24215.01

Build date: Jul 16 2017 18:47:17

LAV Filters:

LAV Splitter: 0.70.2.1

LAV Video: 0.70.2.1

LAV Audio: 0.70.2.1

FFmpeg compiler: MinGW-w64 GCC 7.1.0

Operating system:

Name: Windows NT 10.0 (build 15063)

Version: 10.0 (64-bit)

Hardware:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz

GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 (driver version: 23.20.16.4877)

That, I hope, should be it.

Cheers!

- Andi

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AndiMorgen

Thank for the information provided on the divers and the system you are using, I will try to replicate the situation and try to find a solution for you, I will get back you in about a week

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
AMorg4
Beginner

Thanks for your efforts!

- Andi

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AndiMorgen

Thank you for patiently waiting,

I recreated the your scenario on our laboratory using the Intel® HD Graphics 520 whit the driver 23.20.16.4877 and the same configuration for Windows® media player classic that you have provided, the glitch that you are having did not appear during the test, I also updated to the latest version of graphics driver available for Intel® HD Graphics 520 and run the scenario and still did not find the glitch.

We can try to complete the update on your Intel® HD Graphics 520 you can find that at the following link

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-

Please let me know the outcome

Regards

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
AMorg4
Beginner

Hey there...

Thanks for taking the time!

I have updated my drivers as well and will see what happens.

Do you have any idea what else could be causing a glitch like that?

Anywhere else I might look?

Thanks again

- Andi

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AndiMorgen

Thanks for your response,

It could be really difficult to point to a specific cause, it could be ether software or hardware related, due to of that we can start with the driver updated, consult the computer manufacturer could be an option or the software developer since this is only happening on this specific software.

Let know the out come

Regards

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AndiMorgen

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
AMorg4
Beginner

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have tried a few other things (some of which I can't even remember) and am currently cautiously optimistic that the issue has worked itself out.

Time will tell...

Thanks again

- Andi

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AndiMorgen

Thank you for your response

I am glad to know that the issue has been fixed

Please let us know of the issue come back

Regards,

Leonardo C.