Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

My laptop screen gone crazy when I updated my Intel driver (word moving, lines and pixels when I pass my mouse)

MMora6
Beginner

1 week ago, after an automatic update (I guess), my notebook looked like this, it get worse when I move my mouse cursor. The only way to fix it was desinstalling Intel HD Graphics. I tried reinstalling Windows and installing older versions of the driver, but didn't work. Any ideas? (Notebook Acer, Intel I7 HD 5500 2.4 GHZ.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

When you say "didn't work", do you mean it didn't fix the issue or did the installation fail?

In the latter case try drivers from this list https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86210/Intel-HD-Graphics-5500 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 5500

Select OS from right pulldown menu. Hit show more.

If you encounter an error message about validation, then install driver via "have disk method" as described at:

www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface

(ignore prolog about MS surface)

0 Kudos
MMora6
Beginner

It didn't fix the issue I tried installing 10.18.15.4248_W10x64,10.18.15.4279_W10x64, 15.40.4.64.4256 (8/5/2015) and 15.4037.4835 (11/6/2017, the latest one) every time I install them, my laptopscreen get crazy again.

0 Kudos
MMora6
Beginner

Help

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

I suggest to upload a report from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* so an Intel agent can take a look at it after the holidays.

Also you can ask at community.acer.com for further help.

btw do the distortions also appear on an external monitor or TV?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mikeandcello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Support communities,

I understand that you are having problems with your system as it shows the screen distorted, I apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing.

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach to this thread the report.

To attach a file, you must click "Use advanced editor" in the top right and then click the "Attach" option on the bottom right hand the response box.

After we have this information, I will proceed to look for a solution.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mikeandcello,

I am following-up with your case and I see that we have not heard back from you,

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Were you able to solve your issue?

Do not hesitate to reply to this for further help!

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos