Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Does the Intel HD Graphics 5500 support MCCS at DP 1.2

AOwen3
Beginner

I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon with an Intel HD Graphics 5500. I just hooked up two Dell UltraSharp U2515H through my ThinkPad Onlink Pro Dock. From the Pro Dock I am using a DP cable and I want to daisy chain one U2515H to the other. That would give me 3 monitors, the one on the laptop and two extended monitors. In order to do this the U2515H manuals say my graphics card must be able to support and be certified for Monitor Control Comand Set at DP 1.2.

When I have monitor 1 set to DP 1.1 the monitor 2 duplicates monitor 1.

When I have the monitor 1 set to DP 1.2 the monitor 2 goes blank.

When I have monitor 1 & 2 set to DP 1.2 both go blank.

Does the Intel HD Graphics 5500 support MCCS at DP 1.2?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello owen6497,

I understand that you are trying to connect monitors with a dock.

Regarding this, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
AOwen3
Beginner

Here you go.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello owen6497,

Thank you for your response.

I was reviewing some information and in fact, the monitors with the system should support daisy chain. You can actually find more information in the link below:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln295251/how-to-configure-u2415-monitor-daisy-chaining-on-intel-hd-graphics?lang=en http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln295251/how-to-configure-u2415-monitor-daisy-chaining-on-intel-hd-graphics?lang=en

* Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there.*

Please try following those steps and see if you are successful in setting it up.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello owen6497,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Were you able to check the information I provided regarding the daisy chain?

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos