Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Cannot Update Intel Graphics Drivers?

FTemp1
Beginner

First off, to hopefully excuse my lack of information, I'm a fifteen year old who knows little to nothing about computers. I just want my game to work.

Second, as a little background, I am only assuming a Graphics Driver is the issue I am having, and that's why I'm on here asking for help. I am currently running a Dell Windows computer, originally a Vista but it now has a Windows 7 hard drive. It runs both 64 and 32 bit.

I have a Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, Chip Type being Intel(R) GMA 3100, under main driver it says "igdumd64,dlligdumdx32", the version being 8.15.10.1930, and the date 9/23/2009 1:22:58 PM. I have downloaded the Intel Support Updater thing (can't remember the exact name at the moment, it's the program they have you install to update drivers) and it told me I did not have any Intel programs. I moved on to try a similar program from Dell, the DellSupportAssistLauncher, and it told me I did not have a Dell system. This is the extent of my knowledge, and I hope I sound smart enough for someone to at least give me a chance and help me with this.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Dukerino22

Thank you for contacting us.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
FTemp1
Beginner

Hm, I do hope this helps

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Dukerino22

Thank you for your response.

While performing research based on the report that you attached, we noticed that you actually have the latest driver for you machine, that as you may know were released back in 2009.

Driver wise, the troubleshooting for your machine is limited; however we would like to inquire a little more in your issue.

Can you please tell us what exactly the issue with your game is?

Can you provide us with a longer/more detailed description of your issue>

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
FTemp1
Beginner

I'll try to answer best as I can, but again my knowledge with computers is fairly limited. I've had the issue with a few games so far, I load them up and the game window is just a harsh pink? Music plays, and the game is still 'playable' but I cannot see anything on the screen whatsoever. I tried my best looking it up, and asking a family member about the issue, and both said it was a driver issue. I came here because I thought my drivers were out of date/refusing to install, but I suppose I was wrong about that.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Dukerino22

Thank you for your response.

In this case you are right, seems that the issue is not cause by the actual drivers but from a game requirement or system update.

I strongly suggest you to contact the Game manufacturer so you can check if there is any update or requirement that your system might not meet.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
FTemp1
Beginner

Thank you very much for your time and help! I will do that-

0 Kudos